Could someone help me with my rabbits eye?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebbie0101

Reaction score
Hello
Tonight I found something in my rabbits eye. At first I thought it was hay but it seems more sticky? than that. I’m thinking of putting an eye drop in, but I’m not sure.
If you know or may know what it is I really appreciate the help!

Attachments

• E84DC80B-F220-4C73-9EB5-23EAE3DD9B6C.jpeg
    E84DC80B-F220-4C73-9EB5-23EAE3DD9B6C.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 329A3C55-42B9-4D4F-9007-A2B1B7B81903.jpeg
    329A3C55-42B9-4D4F-9007-A2B1B7B81903.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 4
Ok so I was able to get it out with some water droplets and mostly my rabbits self care. It turned out to be a tiny sliver of hay that was irritating it. Is there any way I could stop that from ever happening?

Well, not really. It may have slipped in at some point. If this doesn’t usually happen, it shouldn’t be anything to worry about really. Just make sure you’re buns eye stays clear and it doesn’t get inflamed. If it gets inflamed just call your vet for some advice. If your rabbit was able to get it out by self care, and water then your bun should be fine. 😊

It's just something that can happen with rabbits. As long as the hay wasn't stuck in there too long irritating the cornea, it should be fine. But it's a good idea to check the eye for the next several days and make sure there are no signs of redness or irritation around the eye, or cloudiness of the cornea. If there is, then the cornea may have gotten scratched and you would need to book a vet appointment to get some eye drops to help it heal.

Medirabbit (corneal ulcer in rabbits)

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
Usually it's just a clump of fur that will get stuck in there, and for that usually all that is needed is plain sterile saline eye drops(eg. natural tears) to flush out the debris that gets stuck in there.

Latest posts

Back