could bubbles and brownie be show rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get a pedigree for 3 year old rabbits from the breeder. and if you can judge by these pictures on a scale of 1-10 how well would they do in a show?

Attachments

• IMG-6549.jpg
    IMG-6549.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-9163.jpg
    IMG-9163.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-4766.JPG
    IMG-4766.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 6
While I can't say much in regards to conformation or coloring, one thing that I do know is that spayed/neutered rabbits cannot participate in ARBA shows. Being altered is a disqualification. Are they neutered?

While I can't say much in regards to conformation or coloring, one thing that I do know is that spayed/neutered rabbits cannot participate in ARBA shows. Being altered is a disqualification. Are they neutered?
yes. but that means that they will have a longer life and that is a fine tradeoff

I totally agree! I have altered rabbits too and they also generally have household citizenship as well. While I still don't know much about showing, I can say with certainty that Bubbles and Brownie are super cute. I love their little lop ears. :)

They probably cannot participate considering they have been altered. Also bunnies are not meant for show anyway as they can go into shock if there are loud noises or to many unknown smell/animals. So no they cannot participate as the judges wouldn't allow it.

Also bunnies are not meant for show anyway as they can go into shock if there are loud noises or to many unknown smell/animals.
You are in the Rabbitry and Show Room category. If you don't agree with showing rabbits you shouldn't participate in this category. And rabbits do perfectly fine with shows. Show rabbits have been selectively bred for generations to handle a show environment well. They are well socialized with different noises and experiences. I have been showing for twelve years and have never seen or even heard of a rabbit "going into shock" from all the "unknown smells" or whatever so I highly, highly doubt that is true. Rabbits aren't as fragile as you seem to think they are.

You are in the Rabbitry and Show Room category. If you don't agree with showing rabbits you shouldn't participate in this category. And rabbits do perfectly fine with shows. Show rabbits have been selectively bred for generations to handle a show environment well. They are well socialized with different noises and experiences. I have been showing for twelve years and have never seen or even heard of a rabbit "going into shock" from all the "unknown smells" or whatever so I highly, highly doubt that is true. Rabbits aren't as fragile as you seem to think they are.
I agree with you my show rabbit lives outside 50% of the time and lives with a 4 year old. she’s not a fan of loud noises she doesn’t “go into shock” she has also been dropped a couple of times by the 4 year old and is FINE.

If YOU are not willing to take advice then YOU shouldn't be here I was just trying to help Karen. 🙄
Can’t help but notice that’s a bit rude. Rabbits can deal very well with shows like @SableSteel explained. I don’t want to spike a lot of controversy but i just wanted to say that rabbits can do very well with shows and can have fun with them too.

Can’t help but notice that’s a bit rude. Rabbits can deal very well with shows like @SableSteel explained. I don’t want to spike a lot of controversy but i just wanted to say that rabbits can do very well with shows and can have fun with them too.
. Like I said I was just trying to help and people are getting angry about it

Also bunnies are not meant for show anyway as they can go into shock if there are loud noises or to many unknown smell/animals. So no they cannot participate as the judges wouldn't allow it.

Loud noises do not cause shock. I don't know any animal that cares less about fireworks, me chopping wood, the chainsaw or a frying pan dropped right beside them. What can put them in shock is a scare. Something attacking them. Predators are not noisy, so they don't associate noise with danger.

There wouldn't be many breeds if there weren't shows and judges.

Nobody gets angry about anyone trying to help, but there's no point at being offended when it get's pointed out if something is just completly wrong. Btw, who is Karen?

Karen is a term that (I got this off google) , ““Karen” has become social-media shorthand meaning a middle-aged white woman — potentially with an asymmetric haircut a la Kate Gosselin, circa 2009 — who makes a big fuss, and is not-so-blissfully ignorant.”

Latest posts

Back