Cottontails in our yard (as our dog looks on)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was sitting outside near dusk tonight and watched as several cottontails hopped near our dog. They like to lounge near the chicken wire on right side of screen because there are potted plants that get watered from a drip line. It makes the ground cooler! (It was 107F today but has dropped to 98F now at 8:30pm)

He's great around our inside rabbits but he used to chase the cottontails. No longer. I dont know if it is because he realized he can't catch them or if it is because he's 12 years old. :)

Nice! The most I've gotten around my back deck was 4 cottontails... but that's only after I trained them with treats.

I enjoy watching rabbits in the wild.

That's so cool! Think age has given him wisdom. Had a Doberman that would chase anything even though she couldn't catch them--would even chase birds flying over head. Very smart dog--taught her the inside critters were not chew toys. Our Cockatiels would land on her and hitch rides around the house.

Latest posts

Back