Coronavirus

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually there was a case in china that it was affecting dogs and cats, but I'm not sure about rabbits. But just wash your hands and don't touch your face. It's basically just the flu but somewhat worse. It's only killing elderly and young children and people with weak immune systems. The flu has killed more people since the start of the flu season then the corona has.

The coronavirus (that humans are getting) only affects humans, not rabbits, dogs, cats, etc. I personally think the media is making a bigger deal about this then it really is, but nobody that I know has it so I don't really know how aggressive it is.

No, there wasn't. Some viruses were found on the nose of a dog, most likely because it licked it's infected owner. Those tests are sensitive.

No one ever said a dog was infected.
Yeah, that is what I had heard.

I know somebody who is living in China and they said that China is lying about the number of deaths. Do y'all think this is true?

corona started from food markets w live animals stacked in cages on top of each other where poop and blood and pus from one animal would leak into the cage of another. so even if you were to get it if you washed your hands the bunny would be fine.

if you're not concerned about spreading a cold or regular flu to your bunny there's absolutely no reason you should be concerned about this

I was curious to if rabbits and animals can get it to . I heard that it came from an animal but I think it is made up. Who knows right\_(•_•)_/

I was curious to if rabbits and animals can get it to . I heard that it came from an animal but I think it is made up. Who knows right\_(•_•)_/

Often virus come from animals but later on mutats and can make humans sick. The animal don’t need to get sick by the virus, they can just be the host. Like the bird flu came from birds and the H1N1 virus came from pigs. A virus need a pre-host to survive in and animals are often the source for different virus to live, mutate and strike again it’s called zoonoses when it’s between animal and human. Zoonoses is a major part for the infections and diseases we get every year. It’s cause more than 60% and COVID-19 seem to come from bats :)

But the COVID virus doesn’t go between humans to animals. It’s quite rare for virus/microorganism jumping from human to animal because they often target specific cells and often go after specific host in one species. The COVID virus target only us humans and make us sick, otherwise a lot of pets would also be sick. It’s one of the reasons why when you test something on animals, you need to make sure the test animals have similar cells that work as our own and look the same. Even though many things are common between species our cells will be different between us. That tiny different between us will cause us to get sick but the animals stay healthy or can just carry the virus without getting sick. Or a virus will just stay within a certain species until it mutates and becomes a new virus that can infect another species.

The common way it’s animal to human and not the other way around. But sometimes but rare, it can go from human to animal for example hepatitis E and MRSA and a few more microorganism. So it’s really not common for humans making animals sick.

So if we get the virus don’t worry about getting your bunnies sick. But we shouldn’t press our faces on them and smudge our virus on their fur. If it’s like the sars virus back in early 2000. There was a few cases of animals getting infection but compared with all the humans and the rare few pets. You can see the pets not getting sick but could be carrier of the virus after getting it from the owner, if the pet weren’t a ferret. Ferrets could get sick by the sars virus. We also have to bare in mind that bunnies are herbivores and we humans are omnivores. So we have big difference between us in many ways. Theirs a reason why medicine that have been animal tested need to be tested on humans before coming out. Because something working for a pet might not work for us. The difference make us react differently. One of the reasons why many are against animal testing.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html#anchor_1580079137454

Great information about the virus, read also on WHO. If you want to get safe source and information about the virus. Bare in mind I’m not really keeping up with COVID-19 and reading about it. I’m a lazy person and I’m not that worried about the virus. I just base the facts I know of how virus works and the few things I have heard about the COVID-19.

Often virus come from animals but later on mutats and can make humans sick. The animal don’t need to get sick by the virus, they can just be the host. Like the bird flu came from birds and the H1N1 virus came from pigs. A virus need a pre-host to survive in and animals are often the source for different virus to live, mutate and strike again it’s called zoonoses when it’s between animal and human. Zoonoses is a major part for the infections and diseases we get every year. It’s cause more than 60% and COVID-19 seem to come from bats :)

But the COVID virus doesn’t go between humans to animals. It’s quite rare for virus/microorganism jumping from human to animal because they often target specific cells and often go after specific host in one species. The COVID virus target only us humans and make us sick, otherwise a lot of pets would also be sick. It’s one of the reasons why when you test something on animals, you need to make sure the test animals have similar cells that work as our own and look the same. Even though many things are common between species our cells will be different between us. That tiny different between us will cause us to get sick but the animals stay healthy or can just carry the virus without getting sick. Or a virus will just stay within a certain species until it mutates and becomes a new virus that can infect another species.

The common way it’s animal to human and not the other way around. But sometimes but rare, it can go from human to animal for example hepatitis E and MRSA and a few more microorganism. So it’s really not common for humans making animals sick.

So if we get the virus don’t worry about getting your bunnies sick. But we shouldn’t press our faces on them and smudge our virus on their fur. If it’s like the sars virus back in early 2000. There was a few cases of animals getting infection but compared with all the humans and the rare few pets. You can see the pets not getting sick but could be carrier of the virus after getting it from the owner, if the pet weren’t a ferret. Ferrets could get sick by the sars virus. We also have to bare in mind that bunnies are herbivores and we humans are omnivores. So we have big difference between us in many ways. Theirs a reason why medicine that have been animal tested need to be tested on humans before coming out. Because something working for a pet might not work for us. The difference make us react differently. One of the reasons why many are against animal testing.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html#anchor_1580079137454

Great information about the virus, read also on WHO. If you want to get safe source and information about the virus. Bare in mind I’m not really keeping up with COVID-19 and reading about it. I’m a lazy person and I’m not that worried about the virus. I just base the facts I know of how virus works and the few things I have heard about the COVID-19.
Thanks great to know:) I’m not worried either I’m just curious if my bun can get. I get more worried about earthquakes, I’m scared that I’ll loose her or something.

I don't think the coronavirus effects any animals. Just humans

The Corona Virus is coming from animals that’s the reason why it is so dangerous as it mutates.

Dogs are tested positive already so I would think why rabbits would not be able to get it too
Eve

Thanks great to know:) I’m not worried either I’m just curious if my bun can get. I get more worried about earthquakes, I’m scared that I’ll loose her or something.

It would be a low chance passing the virus but if you get sick, wash your hands and don’t sneeze on your bunny. The dog that was tested positive got it from his owner, but it was a weak infection.

I can understand your worries but I’m more worried about my parents getting the virus than me passing the virus to my bunnies. Both my parents are people that are in the risk group if they get sick.

Just think that animals will react differently when exposed to pathogen which causes us humans to get sick. Otherwise many animals would get flu every year or a cold, and also die because of it. When so many of our diseases comes from animals in the first place.

I can understand the worries, myself always worry about my oldest bunny. She’s a 12 pound happy queen but she will be 7 years old in 2 months. She’s quite old for being a large breed and I can see how the her aging are taking it’s toll on her. So every time I step out. I worry she have stoped breathing specially when she sleeps so deep and flopped on the side.

I don’t think that they can. But just do what everyone else is saying, wash your hands, don’t touch your face, and I would avoid crowded areas

I am almost positive it doesn't, but keep being cautious just incase. I hope you all stay safe and healthy!

The only stuff they can contract from humans is salmonella. That is what she told me.

Latest posts

Back