Cool Xmas Pressie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
My uncle gave me a book called 'incredibly silly signs' for Christmas. It's signs taken from all over the world that are funny because of either mistranslation, bad punctuation, double meanings or just plain pointless, I've just been reading it, it's so funny. Here's some good ones:

''Eat here and get gas''- restaurant-petrol stations throughout USA

''Warning: Contains Nuts''- On a bag of peanuts

''Take Notice: when this sign is underwater the road is impassable''- On a US highway

''Toilet out of order please use floor below''-London office block

''Do not activate with wet hands''- Automatic hand dryer

''Warning:Keep out of children''- On a korean kitchen knife

''Open seven days a week and weekends''- Sign in restaurant

''Any person caught collecting golf balls on this course will have their balls removed''- Sign on golf course

''Warning: Remove child before folding''-Warning on a pushchair

''Ignore this sign''- Road sign, USA

Theres tons of them, it'll be great for our New Year's party.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
On packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body.
They tell you not to iron them on your body, but no warning for ironing on the carpet? I melted a good sized area of carpeting in my apartment because of that (no ironing board, and not a lot of time to get Will's stupid dress-shirt ready in time!). D'oh! :p

Here's one for you. I worked at Guaranty Bank. They had signs that said, "We're Open Seven Days a Week: Including Saturday and Sunday". We thought it was hilarious, but people really do ask you if you're open on the weekends when there is a sign behind you saying "open 7 days a week". It's not the companies being stupid, it's the customers ;)

kherrmann3 wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
On packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body.
They tell you not to iron them on your body, but no warning for ironing on the carpet? I melted a good sized area of carpeting in my apartment because of that (no ironing board, and not a lot of time to get Will's stupid dress-shirt ready in time!). D'oh! :p

Here's one for you. I worked at Guaranty Bank. They had signs that said, "We're Open Seven Days a Week: Including Saturday and Sunday". We thought it was hilarious, but people really do ask you if you're open on the weekends when there is a sign behind you saying "open 7 days a week". It's not the companies being stupid, it's the customers ;)
I did that too! Its right in the middle of the dining room. My Mum was like 'What did you do? Did you spill something?' Errrr no.. I think it must have been the cat...

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Latest posts

Back