Cookie & Twix (aka Cream!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow! I don't know whether you believe infate, but I think that perhaps Cookie has something to do with this. Heknows that this little bun needs a loving home, and that you might needanother bun to love. I hope that it all works out - let us know :)

Jan

Ya know, Jan...I have to agree with you on this...I think sweet Cookie had a hand in this one. :)

He loved you very much, and I'm sure he sees how much you miss him and would like to send a new friend your way. :)

LuvaBun wrote:
Oh wow! I don't know whetheryou believe in fate, but I think that perhaps Cookie has something todo with this. He knows that this little bun needs a loving home, andthat you might need another bun to love. I hope that it all works out -let us know :)

Jan

Thank you both! I am sure that Cookiemay have had a paw in this, he loved Twix very much and wouldn't wanther to be lonely.

I nowhave a gorgeous young Lionhead :D

If I had to hazard a guess at age, I would say maybe 3 or 4 months,looks to be a boy, but can't tell if his testicals have dropped or not(neither of my buns were babies when I got them).

Apart from being quite scared and having some matted fur around hisbottom he looks to be in decent health, but there is know way ofknowing for sure until I can get him checked over by the vet.He came with the nasty rabbit mix, but I will soon changethat.It seems he has come straight from a breeder, although Iam not sure why. I am thinking that I should keep Twix andthe new bun in different rooms until the little bun is neutered eventhough Twix is altered. I don't want to kick start the littleman's hormones, lol! It seems a shame as they seem to likeeach other through the bars of their cages. I just don't wantthe little guys temperment to change when his hormones kick in, he's avery sweet little guy, plus I am guessing he would never leave Twixalone :D

Anyway, without further ado, may I introduce Biscuit!! Myeldest son picked his name, a variation of Cookie, so that we don'tforget him.

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8090.jpg

IMG_8091.jpg

Oh goodness, what a sweetheart! He is playing in the livingroom with his new toys and I just watched him do 2 binkies!!It's a sight to behold as neither Cookie nor Twix binkiedmuch.

Oh my! Your biscuit is such acutie!!! Oh, I have such a soft spot for lionheads...theirlittle manes just melt my heart!

Can't wait to see pics of them together (eventually, of course)! :)

Aww, what a sweetheart! And I like the nameBiscuit - kind of a tribute to Cookie :). Keeping him and Twix separateis a good idea for the moment - as a precaution against any illness hemay have (hopefully none), so that Twix isn't vulnerable.Also, I would slowly introduce 'proper' rabbit food until he is used toit - mix it with the stuff he came in with and gradually give him moreof the good stuff, and less of the rubbish (I know you probably knowthis already - sorry!)

I think he looks quite the character - you could be in for a fun time :D

Jan

Adorable! His markings are a bit like my Mr. Tumnus :D

And I love that you named him Biscuit. Hopefully he can be as good of afriend to Twix as Cookie was. I sure will miss seeing the little guy,but Im happy you have a new little man to keep Twix (and yourself)company.

Oh man! I am so bad at this updating thing, lol!

Anyway, a quick update is that Biscuit settled in really well, butwithin 2 weeks of arriving his hormones kicked in and we had a humping,spraying, grunting boy on our hands. I left it until I couldtake the spraying no more before I took him to be neutered.He was de-plummed on the 25th January. There was acomplication with a ligature slipping up into his body, but it clottedof it's own accord and will not cause him any problems but it did meanthat he was under for longer than normal. His recovery hasbeen good. He want in for his VHD vax yesterday and islooking good apart from some bruising still. Twix &Biscuit had pretty much bonded themselves before Biscuits neuter, so 10days after his op, they moved in together and now are a very loved upcouple. I will post those pics later.

Today is has snowed for the 1st time this winter. We were allexcited. My boys played outside this morning and then afterlunch, we left Biscuit & Twix have a go! (I have just lookedback on the last pics I posted and I can't believe how much Biscuit hasgrown, I hadn't noticed really :shock:)

Oh my! I took so many pics it is hard to choose! Ibrought them back in again after 10 minutes, mainly because Biscuit hadlarge bits of snow stuck in his mane :lol:

IMG_8268.jpg

Please excuse Twix' slightly orange face, she was sprayed by Biscuitright before his neuter, about 2 weeks ago :roll:
IMG_8272.jpg

IMG_8275.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

IMG_8282.jpg

IMG_8283.jpg

Notice the snow stuck in his mane:
IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8291.jpg

And a video! Trust my little guy to be singing, humming in the background!

Hehe!! Look at all that SNOW...I meanin his mane, hehe!! Wow...he sure did a good jobcollecting it! :shock:

And what a cute little voice he has! ;)

That video was precious...especially with Twix going up and sniffing noses with him...how sweet!!! :D

:inlove:

Biscuit is very ill and needs lots of positivevibes sending his way that he can hold on. I noticed he wasquiet after I put the kids to bed so went to stroke him and thought hisears were a little cold. I picked him up, he didn't struggle.I tried to sit him on my lap and he fell to one side. i thenput him on the floor, he had hardly any balance before flopping ontohis side. I am distraught. I have tried calling myown vet, who's out of hour vets are miles and miles away and I have 2boys in bed. I tried another more local, but I am not amember of their vet and they want an extortionate amount of money for aconsultation before they even begin treating him. We are notmade of money, especially as we have 1 son on disability. Wegot some over the phone advice. I am keeping him warm, wehave force fed him a slurry mixture and he has taken about15-20ml. I am sure we will lose him before we can get him toour vet in the morning (I will be changing vet to one that has 24 hourcare, how ridiculous that i can't get the care when i needit). Please let his passage to the bridge be as pain free aspossible and let Cookie meet him at the gate.

Latest posts

Back