Cookie & Twix (aka Cream!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi!:wave2 i searched for your blog, too. it's the avatar. it's too freaking cute. i love all bunnies. when i say all, i mean all. i can't seem to find any rabbit anything short of completely adorable, but i am absolutely smitten with cookie. if you were near me, i'd probably bully you into letting me keep him for weeks at a time. :boxinghaha. okay, no, but i really am madly smitten with him. can't explain it, he just tugs at my heartstrings. he's going to break my heart. especially when he crinkles his tiny little forehead, the grump. i just want to hug and squish him. :hug:

He has been in a shelter all his life and when we got him, it was obvious that he had never been out of his hutch or allowed to run free.

i'm happy he has such a lovely home and family. i feel like crying. haha. sorry, i'm really weird like that. i hope he and twix bond soon and live happily ever after. :bunnieskiss

I love hearing stories where rescue rabbits have been given another chance so well done you for taking on two homeless babies!

Glad the bonding process seems to be going ok. I've got a bonded pair and I followed the miriam's bunnies website advice to the letter when I was bonding them and it worked within a couple of weeks they were absolutely smitten. I was trying to find the link to the site for you as it's a complete lifesaver but I've lost it!

There's loads of helpful advice on the site on bonding anyway as I'm sure you've already found.

Rebecca, xx

Goodness, I am a bad bunny blogger! I haven;t updated in forever :disgust: I do have a fairly good excuse, the bunnies have been keeping me busy! They are now fully bonded! I even got to witness actually grooming the other day. Cookie looked like he had gone into a trance, he looked so mellow!

As they seemed to be getting on so well, I decided to build them a new cage so they could move in together and live in bunny harmony, lol! That took longer and was harder than I anticipated, but I built it all on my own with no help from hubby and a little help from my 5 year old! I have to say that I am more than a little impressed with myself and the rabbits are happily checking it out and getting comfortable as I type. I am a little annoyed with Cookie though (hard to do with a face that cute!) as he has decided that the brand new, large little tray thatI bought was big enough to be his bed. It actually quite cute, but when Twix isn't good with a litter tray at the best of times, I am wondering where she will decide to do her business. The buns don't seem interested in the second level or have yet to work out how to get up there. Maybe I need to make the ramp a little wider? My rabbits are lazy, I have never seen either of them jump, unless it is to get down from something, never seen either of them jump up to anything :rollseyes:

Anyway, here are some cage pics. I have HUNDREDS of pics that i can share, but it will have to be later when photobucket isn't playing up so much.

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

Hi, nice job on the cage.

That Cookie (I love his name) is really cute, well so is Twix for that matter.

Why don't you try to take the ramp away and maybe put a treat on the second level for them, who knows maybe you can bribe them up there.

Soooska:apollo:

They will find their favorite spot sooner or later. Chances are it will be on thesecond level. :D
You should put some plastic under the floor mats in case it gets wet or stained.

Rainbows! :)

Looks great! Im glad to hear bonding went well! They make such an adorable pair!

Cant wait for more pics...I just love these two;)

-Haley

Thanks for the suggestions! I have taken the ramp out for now and will try the treat suggestion tomorrow as Twix has already had hers today and has a very delicate system. I bought a cheap square plastic bowl, cut a bit away for an entrance and voila, a new litter box! Twix has used it already which is great as she refused to use a little tray in her other hutch (my fault I think, the tray was kind of small in comparison to her!). They both seem quite chilled out now after seeming a bit bewildered earlier. I have had to padlock the door shut though to keep my human babies out! I will put some plastic under the mats tomorrow ehen I am cleaning up.

The buns seem to be enjoying their new home. Twix obviously doesn't take to change too well, she had a bit of a messy bottom last night, but apart from that, they seem very content together.

Thise hundreds of pics that I was on about yesterday, well I narrowed it down to about 11 and photobucket isn't too bad today, so here they are!

IMG_6763.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

Not a good pic, but Twix is grooming Cookie.
IMG_6997.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

I love the windswept look!
IMG_7044.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7053.jpg

OMG! I ROFLMAO at this earlier
IMG_7083.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

IMG_7089.jpg

The trashed cage!
IMG_7090.jpg

Love the new pics! Looks like the two of them are having so much fun together!

I love this one

IMG_7051.jpg

Cookie looks likea Deer/Rabbit mix..its just too cute!

-Haley

I've been snapping pics again today!! Takes my mind off of Twix's messy bottom issues and the fact thatI had to cut some of her dirty butt fur away today.

Here's a pic of her running in the living room yesterday. It is a perfect shot of her broken toe. It healed this way and the vet said it would be fine as long as it doesn't bother her, which it doesn't.
IMG_7102.jpg

Lounging on my lap after a butt fur trim (ick!) She had just come around from being tranced!
IMG_7130.jpg

Then, hubby, who was playing in the garden with the boys tells me to come quick and bring the camera! This is what I found, lol!

Love is.....allowing thegal to sit on your head
IMG_7139.jpg

Cookie was about to protest and then "Ah, I get groomed for not complaining!"
IMG_7144.jpg

After a good 5 minutes straight of grooming, Twix takes a little break
IMG_7148.jpg

Then it's her turn for a wash. Don't forget behind your ears!
IMG_7153.jpg

After 10 minutes of sitting like this, Twix hopped over Cookie to have a better wash. The last 2 are just random pic while I was messing with the camera (still trying to work out the settings)

IMG_7179.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

It has been soooooo long since I posted on theseboards on indeed in this blog, but I just HAD to come backtoday. I am devestated to have to post that today, Cookiewentto the rainbow bridge:bigtears:. I am stillshocked at how fast it all happened.

The short story is that we decided to keep the rabbits outside as ouryoungest son has breathing issues and felt the rabbits would be happieraway from the boisterousness of 2 young boys 24/7. Cookie& Twix loved thier new home, they had their hutch with a bigrun attached and every other day they were allowed to play in the wholegarden. Last night it dropped really cold and the vet feelsthat this put Cookie into shock. He was hopping in the gardenthis morning. 2 hours later, he was lying on his side on theground barely moving. I got him to the vet asap and althoughCookie fought hard, he had no more strength left. He was only2 and as much as you shouldn't have favourites, he was mine.

We have brought Twix into the garage until we can sort out the shed forher. She looks somewhat lost and I feel for her and Cookie& Twix were very well bonded from a bonding session that wentlike a dream.

Our eldest wants to go and get another rabbit, but I told him that weshouldn't rush into anything, especially as bonding rabbits is notsomething to be taken lightly. Maybe in a month or 2.

Here are some of my favourite pics of my gorgeous little man:

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

IMG_7552.jpg

Rest in peace Cookie, I will miss you terribly

:angelandbunny:

Hehe...what absolute cuties!!! I justlove the two pictures below, and that cute one of Cookie's faceup-close! What a cute pair!

I know what you mean about getting a bun for your child's birthday, butnot. We did the same with our Maisie. She came homewith us the day before our daughter's sixth birthday, but ONLY with theabsolute understanding that Maisie is not exclusively hers, and thatMommy was taking care of her, and the fact that she would reside inDaddy and Mommy's room. She completely understood (and alwayshas since), and we've never had any problems! (We also havetwo kitties, which we got when she was about four, and she's had a goodunderstanding as far as them as well.)

I think it's absolutely vital for people that do something like get apet for their child's birthday do what you and I have done in coming toan understanding with their child that Mommy (or Daddy) is the maincaretaker of that animal, and that the animal is a FAMILYpet. When we got our two kitties, we did let her name thefemale we were getting (her name was deemed as Sunny, which completelysuits her), so she had a say in that. But when we went togive Maisie the name "Petunia" she made it OBVIOUS she HATED it, andwouldn't accept it AT ALL...so we had to come up with something else,hehe!

Anyway, wonderful hearing about Cookie and Twix's stories!Can't wait to hear how bonding is going in the future! :D

Rosie*

cookie2006 wrote:
We decided againstgetting him a rabbit for his birthday, but did go to a shelter andpicked Cookie out and introduced Connor to him on his birthday (26thMay). We explained to Connor that he is our family pet, nothis and that mummy (that would be me!) would do most of the work inlooking after them and caring for them.

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

:bigtears:Oh Sweetie...I'm so sorry...when Iposted my note, I didn't see that there was a second page...I feel soaweful!! :tears2:

I'm so sorry to hear about your Cookie boy...but I'm happy he got agood amount of time with you, living freely and happily before hecrossed the Rainbow Bridge.

He was such an adorable, sweet little boy...

Binky free and happy, sweet Cookie...we love you. :bunnyangel::rainbow:

Let us know if there's anything we can do, ok? We're here for you...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It is always so hard - especially when they go so quickly.

Peg

I can't believe it, it looks like I am about tobe welcoming a rescue/foster bun into my life.

My Nan just called and said that she was offered a rabbit after tellinga friend of hers about Cookie passing on just before xmas. I don't knowthe whole story, except that someone wants to get rid of a rabbit,offered it to someone else first who didn't want it and then thisfriend of my Nan's said that I would probably take it on. How can I sayno now, lol!

I have no idea of the sex, age, history (Vac'd or altered) or breed ofthe rabbit, so this should be fun. I just hope that it is in goodhealth with the vets all being closed right now. It is a good thing Ihave plenty of NIC squares left over to make another cage.

I will come back and update when I know more.

Latest posts

Back