Convincing parents to neuter bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunloves

Reaction score
Hi!! My bunny Mango is turning 6 months old at the end of December and I feel like he's ready for a neuter. I've found a veterinarian but, now I have to convince my parents into letting them think neutering is good for my bunny. The price for the neuter is pretty cheap.. It's about $52 USD. Anybody have ideas on what I could do?? :cry1:

Tell them that it'll stop him from smelling so strongly and stop him from spraying! It'll also calm down his other rabbit behaviors like chewing on inappropriate things. I'm sure they'd like that idea :) and that is cheap I paid $200 for my girls spay!!

I agree with briennap, I neutered my bun at about 10 months and he's been a very calm and happy bunny over the past 3 years. He also doesn't poop or pee around the house and is very good at keeping it in his box. $52 is an amazing deal, I had to drive clear across the state to neuter him and it was still a few dollars more than that! Since your rabbit is still pretty young, he may not have descended fully, in which case neutering will cost more.

It helps eliminate territorial behaviors--urine and pooping to mark territory. It makes them calmer and better all around citizens. Most important, it lessens chance of developing cancers associated with intact reproduction systems. :goodluck

Agree. For female bunnies, I understand that there's a 90% probability they will get uterine cancer by age 5, therefore they need to be neutered before age five. We had out girl neutered at age 5. She had masses inside her uterus. The vet said at first he thought she was pregnant...no these were tumors. They hadn't metasticised so Bunny escaped a bullet.

Latest posts

Back