Continental Giant bunny looks really small

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto & Dover

Reaction score
I have a continental giant bunny I just got who is 17 weeks old and I thought he would be much bigger than he is. He weighs about 9 lbs 7 oz and looks pretty lean. I don't feel any bones and he doesn't feel underweight but I thought he would be much bulkier than he is. I have owned American Flemish giants and at this age felt they were much bulkier than this one. Do they grow at a slower rate? Are they bigger length wise so not as bulky as a American Flemish? I have his pedigree and his lineage was in the 17 to 20 lb range. I posted a picture but was hoping to get a little more info on there growth rate and how to gauge how big he might get. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20190216_193136.jpg
    20190216_193136.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190219_073320.jpg
    20190219_073320.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 21
There are not a lot of people on here that raise continentals. I found an old thread that has some weights in it. It sounds like yours is a little small but he may mature out after a year of age. With large breed anything slow growth is the key. So make sure he’s on a good balanced pellet and getting gets lots of hay.

I do have a friend who had a continental and he was BIG boned dude for sure. I don’t know his exact weight though

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/how-much-should-a-giant-conti-weigh-at-12-weeks.30381/

Latest posts

Back