Continental German Giant aka Conti

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Whiterabbitrage...

Im happy to report Q. Sheba is doing great eating like crazy and very friendly shes no longer scared she comes when her name is called or when her cage door is opened and loves to be held and petted. On the 3rd Nov. we are going to pick up meds to worm all 3 rabbits and treat all 3 with Ivermectin and Sheba is getting her first doses this will help her alot as we know the breeder didnt worm her nor give her Ivermectin for fur/ear mites. We notice she was doing alot of itching at the somewhat flop ear alot so treatment it is as soon as possible. Will be taking more pics soon, our weather here has changed and has been rain rain rain and cold out they say we may even see a few flurries Oh joy joy NOT! im not ready for winter just yet i have things to get done befour the fluffy white stuff covers the ground. A few more days and the trees on the front property should be completly bare theres only one tree in the back property thats still got some green color to it its always last to drop its leafs the beach trees hold some of there dead leafs right thru winter till spring hits then they drop them, the oaks drop there leafs late as well.

Congratulations! She's a beauty. Sounds like she traveled and has settled in with you just fine. Travel stress is always such a worry with rabbits, but she obviously didn't have any problems with her plane ride. I can't wait to see her progress and how big she ends up being.

Just one thing you may want to check with that ear of hers. Ear mites are certainly a possibility, and if so a few treatments with ivermectin or revolution would take care of that. But another possibility is an ear infection. It can also cause the excessive scratching at the ear that you are seeing, as well as cause a normally upright ear to flop. So something to keep in mind and possibly get checked out. If you were going to wait til Nov. 3rd to do the ivermectin, I would suggest sooner if you really think that mites are the problem, or if you think a possible ear infection, then get the ears checked asap. Better to treat a potential health issue sooner rather than later, especially if an ear infection might possibly be the cause.

update on Sheba, we noticed she had a lump on her belly like a belly button hernia so we took her to the vet and he thinks its just a sub Q mass left over umbilical cord remnant. He checked completely for a hernia and also aspirated the site for fat cells and all that came out on the slide was sonotic and red blood cells he stated bring back for a recheck in 1 month to make sure its not getting any larger as he also could not find a unclosed hernial ring. She was also treated with revolution and dewormed he looked into her somewhat flop ear and noted no ear mites nor ear infection. Shes gaining weight 10lbs now and getting bigger. Will have to get some update pics of her soon..

UPDATE on Queen Sheba, she is now 5 months old and she wouldnt hold still on the scale it was between 14lb and 16lbs shes doing real well and growing quikly she has a long way to go yet as she can grow till shes 2 yrs old i just wanted to post a new pic of her so you can see how big she has gottin. I will get a better weight on her next time hopefuly she will sit still next time hard for it to read right digital scale with her moving around. Hubby was diagnosed with throat cancer and will be going thru 7 weeks 5 days a week radiation treatment starting right after christmas so hes spending as much time as he can with his big girl now durring christmas shes spoiled rottin.. LOL!!

The befour pic of when she first came home right after she got off the plane from the airport and then yesterday we had a break in the weather. Look how big and fat she is.

Sheba at 13 weeks old 2017.JPG

Sheba at 5 months old 2017.JPG

I can't believe how big she is. It took our Flemish Giant 15 months to get to 15 pounds. At 3 years old she is between 16-17 pounds. Your bun is huge!! She looks great. I hope you keep posting pictures.

I'm sorry about your husband. I went through cancer and it's no picnic. My prayers are with you.

Hi,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. God is the great physician!
The love of Christ and your "big bun" will pull your honey through! The pictures are so cute.
With Love and Support,
Bunny Bob and Sue

Oh my goodness she is growing huge! I live in New Zealand and the Flemish giants do NOT grow that big and fast!!! She has MASSIVE feet at 13 weeks old and big ears which definitely indicate that she’ll grow big. Keep up the love and care!

Latest posts

Back