CONSUMER INTEREST POLL: RABBIT PRODUCT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you be to purchase a rabbit dig box if there was one available on the market

• yes

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • no

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

nat1234

Reaction score
Hello! I need to complete some market research for a potential rabbit enrichment product.
your feedback as bunny enthusiasts would be greatly appreciated, so let's get to it:

I'm thinking the dig box would measure 20"(l)x16(w)"x16(h)" with a 20"x4" ramp on the side (rabbits probably don't need a ramp but this would be useful for other exotic animals who burrow)
It would be made of plastic (for easy cleaning).
I'm reluctant to provide too much detail so that's all i'll throw out for now :)

I would be really interested in having one, but my frenchie lop (and any other breed of bigger rabbit for that matter) would probably not fit in it. Storm is about as long as the box is!
One other thing for people like me living in the middle of literal nowhere in terms of countries, shipping costs would be an issue but i'm not exactly sure that that's a problem that the creator of the product is in control of.
It is indeed a great idea though!

Yes, a digging box provides good enrichment for your bunny. One of their natural instincts is to borrow, so they should love it! My bunny has a digging box, and he burrows down and sleeps😅 I will definitely say yes to the digging box!

I looked at it and it seemed really nice. I see how you would want it to be two exits, but otherwise it looks fun for your bun.

Have a look at the link below. I don't like the ramp and I think 2 exits would be better but otherwise it's really nice:
https://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/digging-box
i did take a look at that one! it's only available in the UK tho and in my opinion i dislike the wood and depth of the digging area anyhow
that's the only dig box i found on the market but i'm in the US

i did take a look at that one! it's only available in the UK tho and in my opinion i dislike the wood and depth of the digging area anyhow
that's the only dig box i found on the market but i'm in the US
What's wrong with the wood? It's high quality dried pine, perfectly safe, looks nice and has a plastic tray inside. You need to take into account that you need a lot of height (and/or a roof) above the soil, otherwise it gets pretty messy. Show us your design when you're ready?

What's wrong with the wood? It's high quality dried pine, perfectly safe, looks nice and has a plastic tray inside. You need to take into account that you need a lot of height (and/or a roof) above the soil, otherwise it gets pretty messy. Show us your design when you're ready?
i just feel the wood will get so chewed over time, also personally i feel plastic is easier to clean lol

Latest posts

Back