constructive critism of Odyssey's cage please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odyssey~

Reaction score
heyo!

this is Odyssey's pen. it is a 4' by 2' amazonbasics jumbo small pet cage connected to a 5' by 3' NIC pen. the door to the amazon cage is always open, and she gets free roaming opprutinities or playtime in a larger space for 12+ hours of the day. she doesn't chew on the flowers strung around fyi. the cage also has a top it's just not on in these pics.

in the amazonbasics cage, there's a 23" by 15" litterbox with yesterday's news with a layer of carefresh on top, a DIY cereal box hay feeder, water bowl, ball, oxbow enriched life basket, cardboard hideout with 3 enterances and a stuffed elepahnt (she likes grooming it). the flooring in there is rugs.

the pen has a L shaped hideout made out of NIC grids which doubles as a second level. there is cardboard cut to size and a towel on top for the level so she doesn't hurt her feet. there's also a DIY snug a bun lounger, minnie mouse keychain (just for decor, she doesn't do anything with it) and kiwi wood chew on the second level. the main level has a ceramic tile, stacking cups, baby key rings, a long cardboard tube, willow ball stuffed with meadow hay, forage box with packing paper (i put herbs in it 2x a week) and cardboard to shred.

i've been wanting to change things up recently and buy new items, so please provide some critism if you have any or items that you think would look cool!

TIA!

Attachments

• unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    307 KB · Views: 23
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 23
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 22
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 22
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 23
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 27
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 28
I think it looks great! Maybe just some more toys and more hay in the litterbox! It's also a great size that she can live in but she should definitely get lots of time outside of it. If you're looking for other things, maybe a sturdier holiday house. She's a gorgeous bun, and lives in a gorgeous enclosure :)

I think it looks great! Maybe just some more toys and more hay in the litterbox! It's also a great size that she can live in but she should definitely get lots of time outside of it. If you're looking for other things, maybe a sturdier holiday house. She's a gorgeous bun, and lives in a gorgeous enclosure :)
thank you!
i'll have to see about putting hay in the litter box- I used to put a pile in there along with the hay in the hay feeder but my parents said it wasted hay (so wasted money) since she usually peed on it.
i'm going to DIY some toilet paper tube toys then now ^_^
yup, she's out and about free roaming the first floor for most of the day (10-12 hours) and when she's most active (usually 6am-9am and 7pm-11pm) she free roams all three floors of the house!
okay, i'll try to look for a better hideout. i've been searching recently for the wood ones (like the tokihut and cozy's castle) but it's so expensive to ship to canada :( i'm thinking of DIYing one though!
:)

Honestly, I got hidey houses, under my desk, shelving, and what do they prefer? A giant cardboard box with three entrances. Literally.
IMG_20210729_212924.jpg
Any cardboard boxes from like Amazon or whatever department store, and Odyssey will go to town.

thank you!
i'll have to see about putting hay in the litter box- I used to put a pile in there along with the hay in the hay feeder but my parents said it wasted hay (so wasted money) since she usually peed on it.
i'm going to DIY some toilet paper tube toys then now ^_^
yup, she's out and about free roaming the first floor for most of the day (10-12 hours) and when she's most active (usually 6am-9am and 7pm-11pm) she free roams all three floors of the house!
okay, i'll try to look for a better hideout. i've been searching recently for the wood ones (like the tokihut and cozy's castle) but it's so expensive to ship to canada :( i'm thinking of DIYing one though!
:)
You don't need a new hide - I just assumed because you mentioned wanting to get new things :)

okay, thanks! she actually has a cardboard box hidey in the amazon cage part (it's under the pink towel)
she's had many boxes before and she loves shredding them! i'm not allowed to put them in her enclosure now because she's now on carpet and my parents don't want a mess, but she has a cardboard castle in her playtime area! thanks!
yup, thank you! read above what I replied to ArtistChibi ^_^
okie! i'm probably still gonna get one hehe

heyo!

this is Odyssey's pen. it is a 4' by 2' amazonbasics jumbo small pet cage connected to a 5' by 3' NIC pen. the door to the amazon cage is always open, and she gets free roaming opprutinities or playtime in a larger space for 12+ hours of the day. she doesn't chew on the flowers strung around fyi. the cage also has a top it's just not on in these pics.

in the amazonbasics cage, there's a 23" by 15" litterbox with yesterday's news with a layer of carefresh on top, a DIY cereal box hay feeder, water bowl, ball, oxbow enriched life basket, cardboard hideout with 3 enterances and a stuffed elepahnt (she likes grooming it). the flooring in there is rugs.

the pen has a L shaped hideout made out of NIC grids which doubles as a second level. there is cardboard cut to size and a towel on top for the level so she doesn't hurt her feet. there's also a DIY snug a bun lounger, minnie mouse keychain (just for decor, she doesn't do anything with it) and kiwi wood chew on the second level. the main level has a ceramic tile, stacking cups, baby key rings, a long cardboard tube, willow ball stuffed with meadow hay, forage box with packing paper (i put herbs in it 2x a week) and cardboard to shred.

i've been wanting to change things up recently and buy new items, so please provide some critism if you have any or items that you think would look cool!

TIA!
I think it looks great…one thing you might want to add….sign board cut to fit for under the pink towel on the top shelf. This stuff is great. It’s plastic and easy to cut with scissors. You can get it from any home improvement store. It will help to cover the wire floor fir more comfort and is easy to clean.
Great job!

Latest posts

Back