Constant hiccups

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel.vr

Reaction score
Hi! My rabbit has been having constant hiccups for the last 2 days I tried the baby gas drops and they don’t seem to work her stomach looks bloated but she’s still eating, drinking, and pooping so that’s the only thing keeping me from freaking out. I took away the pellets so she would eat more hay to get her digestive system going. But these hiccups are right after the other non stop some make noises some don’t and nothing seems to help. I did notice some reddish urine not sure if it’s blood or not but she did it in their food bowl which they never do although I’m not sure it’s not my other rabbits because he often has reddish urine when having too much sugar. Any information is very helpful thank you

A hiccup from a rabbit is the result of a diaphragm muscle spasm. This often follows eating quickly. If a rabbit eats faster than they can digest, they’ll swallow air and irritate their diaphragm. Rabbits cannot belch or vomit. This makes hiccups the only way to expel this air.

A short bout of hiccups is nothing to worry about. The symptoms will pass within a few minutes. If the hiccups persist, check your rabbit’s health. It’s rare, but hiccups can be linked to respiratory of gastrointestinal disorders. This guide will help you recognize hiccups and the warning symptoms.

https://www.rabbitcaretips.com/can-rabbits-get-hiccups/ check this out that's where I got the info

A hiccup from a rabbit is the result of a diaphragm muscle spasm. This often follows eating quickly. If a rabbit eats faster than they can digest, they’ll swallow air and irritate their diaphragm. Rabbits cannot belch or vomit. This makes hiccups the only way to expel this air.

A short bout of hiccups is nothing to worry about. The symptoms will pass within a few minutes. If the hiccups persist, check your rabbit’s health. It’s rare, but hiccups can be linked to respiratory of gastrointestinal disorders. This guide will help you recognize hiccups and the warning symptoms.

https://www.rabbitcaretips.com/can-rabbits-get-hiccups/ check this out that's where I got the info
I read this yesterday didn’t do much help. It’s not from eating too quick and it’s not short spurts that go away after a couple of minutes there about half a second and they’re right after the other for hour and hours on end they just don’t stop. I’ve tried picking her up too to see if that would help and nothing.

Latest posts

Back