Confusion!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4ddi3b

Reaction score
I currently have 3 rabbits living together, one male who was neutered 29th july. A mother rabbit and daughter ( had her sexed and was told this, she is around 5 months old now ). I went to clean out today and found 4 babies, presuming they are from the mother rabbit.( This means breeding would have been done near the start of october as they only look a day old). However I am confused if the male rabbit impregnated her or the ‘daughter’ may be a boy. But if she was a boy wouldn’t she fight with the other male, this makes me think she is a girl and the problem is with the male neutering. Any help would be great thanks! ( I’ve had a litter before so I know how to deal with that :) just confused! )

Last edited:
But if she was a boy wouldn’t she fight with the other male, this makes me think she is a girl and the problem is with the male neutering. Any help would be great thanks!

Not necessarily. Males can get along and bond too. If the one male was neutered, then it seems the 'daughter' is indeed a male.

Not necessarily. Males can get along and bond too. If the one male was neutered, then it seems the 'daughter' is indeed a male.
I thought this but she isn’t neutered and i thought this would make her more aggressive towards males. I also tried my unneutered male with my neutered one and all they did was fall out

She has also never shown signs of humping before whereas my other males have

Bunny bondings can be unpredictable. Gender isn't what determines whether 2 specific rabbits will get along. One individual rabbit may get along fine with just one particular rabbit and not with any of 10 other rabbits -- regardless of gender. Females can hump males, males can hump males, some easily get along with other rabbits, some are very picky.

Latest posts

Back