Confusion about bunny language

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been asking a lot of stuff but bare with me.

I always stick my hand next to pickle so he can sniff me. Today he put his head under my hand and flattened on the floor. So I went to stroke his head and give him cheek rubs, after a bit I stopped and continued on with my day. I’ve been seeing if he’ll do it again for pretty much the whole day. Almost every time, he will nudge my hand and put his head under it then when I go to pet him he hops away.

He’s been kind of ignoring me all day long after that, and he stopped eating his treat from my hand and only took it when I put in front of him. Which he usually just eats it from my hand. I think I might have offended him?

Without seeing the behavior you're describing, I can't really say what's going on. It could be he's trying to communicate something else, or maybe you aren't petting him the way he wants. If you can video it and post it here, it could give us a better idea of what's happening.

When bunnies are busy looking around and exploring, they usually don't like to be bothered with petting. It's only when they're tired out and lay down, that they're happy to receive head rubs.

Latest posts

Back