confusing behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnnora2

Reaction score
Hi all, just writing to say I have 2 does close to kindling, at 29 days into their pregnancy. The younger of the does pulled a little bit of fur a few days ago now, I put a box in and now she seems undecided where she wants to kindle, she is scratching out the straw from the box, pushing and pulling it all over her cage, I have moved her box about half an hour ago to where she seemed to be pushing most of the straw and now she is trying to lift the whole nest box. I dont know what to do for the best.

I have moved the box to the opposite corner of the cage and she seems to have settled down, so fingers are crossed it wont be long.

That's really all you can do is put the box where she's been trying to build her nest. Mine if it's a couple days ahead of kindling will move the boxes around, but once there is babies in it, they seem to leave it alone with the babies in it. Then I usually write down which corner of their cage I put their box in and keep it with their pedigree info and all that so I know for the next time.

Latest posts

Back