Confused, as i saw a rabbit food pyramid and now i think i'm feeding my rabbit the wrong foods!

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
So , recently i saw a rabbit food pyramid which said to only feed fruit and treats twice a week , but i've fed them daily for ages , and now i'm worried that i've been feeding her too many !
I feed hay and water in the morning ( around 8.10am) and then some kale , lettuce and a slice of cucumber at around 9.00 am .
Then at 12.00 i feed her broccoli if i had bought broccoli that week ( so it's not every week ) , and maybe a little piece of fruit , like banana or a bit of a strawberry , she loves strawberries!
Then i feed her more hay at 4.00 pm and some pellets ( 1/4 cup ) and i refill her water And give her some more veggies .
My last feed is it 7.00 - 9.00 pm , and i just give her carrot , red pepper and maybe some parsley .
I don't know if i'm overfeeding , underfeeding or what!

Augustus&HazelGrace

Reaction score
Fruit and treats should be limited to 1-2 tablespoons daily. That would be equal to a 1-inch slice of banana, 1 strawberry, or one baby carrot. Be careful with how much broccoli you feed as this is a very gassy veggie and should be limited also. But other than that it sounds like you are doing a great job!

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Fruit and treats should be limited to 1-2 tablespoons daily. That would be equal to a 1-inch slice of banana, 1 strawberry, or one baby carrot. Be careful with how much broccoli you feed as this is a very gassy veggie and should be limited also. But other than that it sounds like you are doing a great job!
I feed a super thin slice of banana , and less than one baby carrot a day .
Broccoli is once a week or so .
Is her weight healthy??
She weighed 3 pound in august , and she was a little underweight , now she's 4 pound i believeGuinea pig 153.jpg .
Is that a healthy weight???
Here's a picture of her

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Oh , and i also feed her , these " carrot nibble's" that she LOVES , i hide them round her cage , for her to find!

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Here's what it says:
Composition: Corn, alfalfa (5%), carrots (5%), iron oxide.

Technological Additives: None stated; Sensory Additives: None stated; Nutritional Additives: None stated.

Analytical Constituents: Not stated.

Feeding Guide: Rabbits and Guinea Pigs up to 10g per day. All other pets 5g per day.

Augustus&HazelGrace

Reaction score
I was trying to find them but I guess that when you're in America it doesn't load UK sites lol. It looks fine other than the corn but I would say she can have quite a few of those, they seem pretty healthy.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corn is not supposed to be fed to rabbits, so I find it strange that that would be the main ingredient (first listed). I would be cautious on that. No need to feed that when there are so many known safe options.

Donna Standar

Reaction score
Here's what it says:
Composition: Corn, alfalfa (5%), carrots (5%), iron oxide.

Technological Additives: None stated; Sensory Additives: None stated; Nutritional Additives: None stated.

Analytical Constituents: Not stated.

Feeding Guide: Rabbits and Guinea Pigs up to 10g per day. All other pets 5g per day.
Anything that has corn as an ingredient is a no no.
I do pellets and romaine in the morning. A piece of Apple at noon with either kale or parsley. (Vitamin A) in the afternoon she has romaine or brussel sprouts. Hay is always available. I change it up for the vitamin A, sometimes do parsley etc. Carrots only once a week as well as banana.
I googled a list of things and printed it out. It's handy to look at. So you can do a variety

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
I have a GIANT weekly list , i put "salad " as in different salads every day .
But i always buy them kale , lettuce , cucumber , pepper .
I'd love to try brussel sprouts with her!

Donna Standar

Reaction score
I have a GIANT weekly list , i put "salad " as in different salads every day .
But i always buy them kale , lettuce , cucumber , pepper .
I'd love to try brussel sprouts with her!
My male doesn't like brussel sprouts but my girl does...They both have different tastes , she likes more than he does. It's funny.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Corn is not supposed to be fed to rabbits, so I find it strange that that would be the main ingredient (first listed). I would be cautious on that. No need to feed that when there are so many known safe options.
Do you know any other treats i can feed??