Confined More=Stronger Bond?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've read all there is out there on rabbit bonding but it always followes the actual process and leaves the results vague. Maybe its a good thing that they were confined for a bit, maybe not. I don't think that made a big differrence, it could be the season, the weather, a good week, or just they made a breakthrough recently. Its so tough to tell. I'm glad you brought it up though because as I said there's not as much on bonds after the courting stage out there.

I'm going to chime in here and say that I think that being confined more just forces them together more as opposed to making the bond stronger. Your two appear to have a very strong bond already, it's just that they prefer to do their own things so I think that's just more of their personalities coming out... hmm.. see how it goes over then next few days going back to their original out times, then you will know the answer for sure.

And BTW I am still super envious that their bond worked out so smooth!!!

I don't like to confine pairs too much if I don't have to. I find there tend to be fewer issues if they can have their own space and can get away from each other if they want. Bonded rabbits don't need to spend all their time together doing the same thing. If one needs to use the litter box, they don't both need to go there.

Korr and Amelia are bonded and do snuggle and cuddle, but they also do their own thing too. Sometimes one gets a little hump happy (both do it), so the one getting humped might want to get away.

I don't like to confine pairs too much if I don't have to. I find there tend to be fewer issues if they can have their own space and can get away from each other if they want. Bonded rabbits don't need to spend all their time together doing the same thing. If one needs to use the litter box, they don't both need to go there.

^^^^oh yes and i agree i followed this very same logic as my buns both get free run all day. But then to repeat, I noticed so much more "love" between them being confined. It went against everything I had thought! :)

I've noticed them still be together more today.

Latest posts

Back