Conan the Bunbarian & Xena Bunnier Princess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of luck Xena! Sounds like you have a great vet. Things should be fine.
Let us know!

Good luck! If you want to refresh on Monty's healing process, just go back a couple pages in my blog. I was purposely pretty detailed so it would hopefully be helpful in the future :)

Yeah Missy, you really do write a good blog with helpful details. It's something my wife mentioned when we were talking about Xena's care. I only wish I had it in me to be so informative. Well anywho, my Vet is the type that keeps them overnight, though they also have a tech around to make sure things to smoothly. The aids told me the Op went well and Xena (a few hours ago) was nibbling and making a good recovery. Tomorrow at noon I get her back and then the real nail biting begins...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Surprisingly it seems Xena handled the spay real well. better then Conan handled his neuter and he was out and about pretty early. She's eating as normal, drinking fine and pooping (their smaller but consistent). In fact, she seems kind of antsy with us babying her so much by keeping her in her pen for longer hours. Today me and the wife at separate times let her out for an hour and she even binky'd. Strange girl, or just really good pain killers and recovery power.

All our animals are doing well. Oberon, the bird mama, finally has stopped laying eggs (final count was six) and seems to have stopped nesting them. Poor thing, but it just wasn't meant to be. Titania is her normal outgoing self. We arranged the sofa a bit differently in the living room and it appears the rabbits are more comfortable visiting us up there on occasion and we are positively ecstatic about it. Well, unless they start peeing there. Time to share some pics and vids. The ones of Titania is after she freshly got showered (she likes to invade the shower while my wife is using it. Silly bird). The rabbit ones are pretty self explanatory. The one of Conan goes sideways, and I'm not sure how to correct it but I thought it was still cute to include.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxPz3YeupzM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTScxWFdZ5o[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxKXASNAw20[/ame]

Photo Mar 07, 11 10 50 AM (1).jpg

Photo Mar 06, 10 17 00 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 17, 3 50 47 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 17, 3 51 43 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! both bunnies are cute as ever! I loved seeing them nom down their veggies. I'm glad Xena got through the spay alright is she trying to chew or lick that bare spot?.

Last edited:
Good thoughts & prayers for Xena's surgery & a fast recovery! And for bunny parents! Hard not to worry, at least until it is all over & sure everything is okay & back to normal!

Okay, one off topic question: I'm replying to the post above but the date listed on it says 3-14-2013 with a time of 8:55 am but today's date is March 17th, St. Patrick's Day. Is there a way to fix the date or is this a post I missed & am replying long after the original post about Xena's surgery? Thanks & sorry for the off-topic addition here.

Well, just after I posted the above post, I got the update on Xena! So glad it turned out well. Sounds like she is well on her way to her old self! Don't know why the update post did not show up until my post posted. Its weird. Wonder if there is something wrong causing it?

Thanks for the great video updates as well! Looks like both Conan & Xena were enjoying their veggies! Glad Titania has finished egg laying! Think everyone will be happier now! Scritches to Titania & gentle cuddles to Xena & Conan! So glad everybunny & birdy is doing okay there! Know you are relieved!

Oh, I love to see them together, their colour do so complement each other, they are two good looking buns. Great to see her recovering so well and eating her veggies like a good girl. Titania is so cute, just love her.

That´s a big scar so hope she leaves it alone.

Wow. Glad she is doing so wel!! That incision looks great. Just be careful letting her out to binky.. My vet instructed no movement for 7-10 days. I had to even confine her to one level on her condo. She did great too and I even called the vet a few days later to ask if I could give her some free run since she was doing so good (keeping her confined was harder than the surgery!) and they still said no. They said buns can even tear inside from too much activity so keep her confined.

Your birds re beautiful and I liked seeing the buns munching on their veggies. They make a handsome couple!

Her spay incision looks smaller than Monty's...lucky! I'm glad she's doing great :) I love the videos, despite the sideways-ness :p I try to make sure to keep my phone in landscape orientation so it doesn't upload funny.

Just bringing in some Conan love. My wife texted me this while I'm at work with the caption "Nanner chillin wit me. Hope you're appropriately jealous". Sigh...yes I am jealous and I think half the reason why I can never teach Conan his name is cause half the time she calls him Nanner! Hell, Conan was her idea for a name and now she's ruining it :)

image.jpg

Aww that's cute though that she is enjoying your rabbit obsession. My hubby doesn't much. I mean, he goes and sees them and I know he likes them but not as much as me :)
Nanners (which just autocorrected to manners) is a perfect nickname. Lol

hahaha. Thats so sweet :)
It's okay, my boyfriend won the bunnies over by giving them banana's every morning, which up until the other day I was unaware of this!!! Explains why they always go in circles when he comes downstairs in the AM....

Well my wife is the pet person, loving all animals and if we had the time and space I'm sure we'd have a dozen more. Up until the rabbits I had no interest in pets and for the most part folks around me consider me to be pretty cold to animals. What can i say, something magical happened to me when I saw my first Flemish Giant.

In other news, my wife by accident let Conan wander into Xena's pen (while she wasn't around). Sigh...she keeps doing things like this, not on purpose and nothing bad happened, but boundaries got to be kept especially when I'm gearing up to bond these guys. As my wife reports, Conan sniffed around very interested, even went into Xena's litter box but didn't do anything and just wandered his way back out. Looking at Xena all day, she's dead flopping around and didn't at all seemed disturbed that her territory had been breached while she was out.

Haha Michelle, he´s a sneaky one.

She´s a cool one is Xena, maybe she´s happy that he´s looking over her space...looks good to me for future relations. Can´t wait to see these two together, love them both.

Michael that sounds like good news that they didn't seem bothered by each other at all. I think you are on your way to a bonded pair! :)

Just sort of read up on this blog a bit. Sounds like everything is going well! Yay!! :3

Hmm, Xena spent a lot more time in her cage then usual today. I hadn't given her last dose of metacam yet so it might have been that but I'm a paranoid sort and wonder if she was cage guarding.

Latest posts

Back