Coming to America

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
OMG I can't believe it. I am finally going on holiday. A couple of friends of mine are living in Chicago at the moment so we're going to pay them a visit in December. Even better, we're going via Dublin so we're stopping for an extra night in Dublin on the way back. I can't wait, I have never been to the US or even Ireland before. I know Chicago is going to be really cold but I love the cold so I should be OK. The buns are booked into a local bunny hotel so they're all sorted.

Who knows, maybe I will come back with some NIC grids as well as loads of X-mas pressies for my friends and family! If any of you have any tips on what to visit, let me know.

Invade all you guys want! Be careful on the planes and remember to tip your waiters and waitresses at sit-down restaurants! :)

Chicago is so pretty in December! Its usually very packed though with shoppers :(but still a very nice time to visit.

oooo chicago!!! i absolutely LOVE chicago in the winter!!! definitely hit up state street and michigan ave. i also really like navy pier, although i'm not sure what it's like in the winter time...i've only been in the summer.

try tripadvisor.com they have forums where you can see what attractions ppl thought were worth and which were not.

you're going to have so much fun, it's SO BEAUTIFUL in the winter, all the decorations and the snow....ENJOY! i'll actually be there the first weekend of december doing my christmas shopping/sight seeing. i live about 2 1/2 hrs away and my boyfriend lives about 10minutes from downtown so its nice to have someone familiar w/ the area!

missyscove wrote:
Where in LA are you going, polly?
I am staying in the intercontinental hotel in Century city from the mon 17th sept for a fewdays then fly to vegas for the last 2 days, so we get mon afternoon and evening free and the whole of tues free then i have work stuff all day weds and thurs but thurs night free then a bit of time on fri morning i think before we fly to Vegas

Oh thanks you guys, I hope we get as warm a welcome when we get there. I can't wait to see all the decorations and the snow. I don't think the brits are a patch on americans when it comes to decorating for X-mas in towns/cities. I thought there might be loads of shoppers but I can put up with that if there are loads of bargains to be had!

horselvrkc wrote:
Hope you have a great time! I didn't know there were bunny hotels! WOW!

There aren't many bunny hotels but there are more and more opening up. Check this luxury place out, just look at the photos of the accommodation;

http://www.thebunnery.co.uk/asp/accommodation.asp

Unfortunately they didn't have any room but I found another place a bit more closer to home and the lady there sounds fantastic. I will pay them a visit before we board the bunnies just to check on everything :)

thats really cool, i wonder what they charge?

Do you know how much they charge where you are taking yours? I am lucky my husband will look after ours:)

The Bunnery is £9 a night for two or £5 a night for one. They have some franchises available if anyone is interested - check out their website.

The one I am taking mine to is this one and it's £4 a day for the two in an outside hutch which is in a heated shed with insulated wall so they won't get cold. They sound fab;

www.derbybunnyhaven.co.uk

Chicago is wonderful!!! I love all the huge buildings!!! You'll love it!! There's nothing to compare it to. It's sooooooooo big. I've been through it a couple of time's and my dad was doing some restoration work for a temple down there, so I've been there a couple times. Here's a list of stuff you should check out,

1. The bahai templeof worship (it's in Wilmet that's not very far from chicago) it's an old temple (one of last that still stands here on earth) it's amazing I've been there once, it's the temple my dad helped restor I'll post some pics of it.
  2. Check out the great lakes they're awsome!!
  3. hit lots of malls for chirstmas shopping!!! But don't be surprised if everything there is made in China. Just about every thing here in the USA is made in China
  4. Oh mabey get some treat and toys for your bunny, they might even have a shop that sells toys for rabbits!!! I don't know if they do, but hey it's big anough!!!
Here's the web site for the temple http://www.bahai.us/bahai-temple-visitor-information

Okay here are some pics of the temple,

how.jpg

Wow, the temple is wonderful. I will add it to my list of places to visit. I hope we get chance to fit in loads of visits as well as shopping. Mind you, if we don't we can use it as an excuse to visit again!

Rabbit toys, what a great idea - they'll be light and small enough to pack in my suitcase! I think I'm going to start a list of everything I want to see, do and buy. I'll print this off just before I go so I don't forget anything :)

I can't believe how many of you didn't know that bunny hotels existed. If anyone wanted to start a business in the US then you might be the first and very successful!

I hadn't heard of bunny hotels ethier, Ihad heard of dog hotels, so it's not very surrpirsing. I've always wanted to do something like that. I bet it's alot of fun!!

I'd love to set up my own business doing it but I guess it wouldn't earn me mega bucks and unfortunately we have a big mortgage. If I didn't need the money I would do it at the drop of a hat.

Latest posts

Back