Colours of Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Snow

Reaction score
I was wondering what all the different coloursof rabbits fur were. Is there a website that has pictures listed withcolours? Maybe everyone can add pictures of their rabbits with adescription of it's colours?

Thanks,

Nicole

It's funny this came up because I wassearching the net all day trying to find pictures of black torts. Icouldn't find it anywhere. I think it would be an awesome idea to addpictures of the rabbits with the known colors. What an awesomereference tool it would be.

Tina

Nicki have a look on my site under 'What Breed am I' http://clix.to/bunnies

Under the breed I have some of the colours listed. Unfortunately notwith pics. That's coming at a later date. But it may help to get youstarted.

I also have under some of them too the National Club for that breed.

Also on the ARBA site, some of the breed pics you can click on and it takes you to a National Club or Federation of the breed.

If you need any help, I can try and give you a hand.

This siteshows many of the colorshttp://www.geocities.com/karinvail/colorguide.html

Tina, "black tort" is just another name for the common "tort" (tortoise/tortoise shell) variety.

Raquel1.jpg

Some issues with internet color guides (andwhytheHolland Lop color guide was removed from the national site):

1. Not all the photos are good examples of the variety, and some are incorrectly identified.

2. A number of varieties are known by different names depending on breed.

3. Certain varieties are known by a number of names.

4. There may be a wide variation in shades of the same color.

5. Wooled breeds can be difficult to identify by photos,because the diffusedcolor is lighter on the longer wool.

Pam

Pam, thank you so much. Rebecca saidOtis is a black tort so I was looking everywhere for a picture so Icould see what he'll look like. Now I know, thank you.

You always have the most awesome pictures. What a doll.

Tina

Latest posts

Back