Colour Change?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Bracon~

Reaction score
Its hard for me to try and explain this without posting pictures, which I can't do at the moment!:grumpy:

Willows fur seems to be going lighter just above her nose, at first glance it looks like dirt but Ive tried washing if off.

It does look like a change in colour, is that possible at her age, shes nearly fully grown.

I find that Scooter's fur changes color throughout the year. I think it depends on whether she has just gone a moult. Right now her fur is very dark, but at other times it appears a lot lighter.

ahh, the fun of the color changing horse...i mean, er, rabbit:p:D. Jamie did that around the same time he 'became' a boy. he's continued to change color since then. what i got hin he was all black. his nose was a bit lighter(very very dark brown)and the back of his neck at his ear base had a teeny tiny bit of tan. now? his nose is white at the very heart, then tan, then light brown. the nap of his neck where it was black before is all tan. and one of the spots his back has even turned tan! i know i have a good pic that shows his neck. now all i gotta do is find it.....................found it! ok, here's the original pic(sorry 'bout the fuzzy:?!)

home2-08006-1.jpg

and the one with the notes on it.

home2-08006-1-1.jpg

and a close up of his nose-

Jamie-Easter2008002-1-1.jpg

they just wanna keep us guessing!

Yeah i have noticed it in my bunnies as well...my Sunshine is black but she started to grow like golden bits in her fur in certain places...it's like she got a rinse put through her fur :p....then there is my Jack and Cassidy who have like grey fur on their faces and that used to change quite a bit....but now it hasn't for a while...it's like a bunny kaleidoscope lol...always changing.

Does it look something like this?

DSC07640.jpg

Ronnie has a ring of lighter fur above his nose. We got him at 2 years old so I never saw what his face looked like before, but I'm guessing that ring of lighter fur wasn't there when he was younger.

LadyBug, looks like Jamie is a broken black(?) otter with that colouring.

I've had bunnies that change colouring depending on moulting, or having been in the sun a lot or not.

Jamie is a broken black otter. I have otter and broken otter mini-rex and their color intensifies as they mature. They start out with fairly muted color and as they mature the color gets much brighter.

Roger

RAL Rabbitry wrote:
Jamie is a broken black otter. I have otter and broken otter mini-rex and their color intensifies as they mature. They start out with fairly muted color and as they mature the color gets much brighter.

Roger
Would that be the same with chocolate?

I ask because Puck was a broken black otter that carried chocolate and as he got older - we noticed the chocolate more ... mainly after he hit adulthood.

Not that I have noticed. I have black otters that carry chocolate but they do not show it at all. The otter markings just get more intense as they get older. They start out almost a beige color and turn a dark reddish tan.

Roger

I have to say, I've never had a bun that changed color til Snuff (Holland Lop-black tort?). When he was about 3 his nose turned alot more black was a light tan before. I think sometimes maybe they change color as they age. If you see a pic of a young black tort, they are so much lighter in color.

Latest posts

Back