Color genetics discussion lionhead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pintorfamily

Reaction score
I recently bred my black tort doe to my sable point buck pretty much everything in their pedigree is black tort on both sides but here and there there's a sable point a Siamese sable one lilac point but not much else my main question is and I know it's a little early but I've got two little kits barely a week and a half old but from day one one was darker and I've seen it stay consistently darker I believe they are just a pair of black torts but just curious since one was darker also I'm a little new to breeding only in my second year and haven't had tons of babies yet but I noticed that their ears are completely dark and I've heard people mention some kind of lacing or having a light inside of their ear I don't know going to just keep watching these two babies but if you can post any pictures or information I would greatly appreciate some education from personal experience of others

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_102327.jpg
    IMG_20200331_102327.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 10
Yeah, that is lacing. It can happen when a sable point isn't fully completed before they born... it can also just be a full on lacing that was like that and still will be like that. They are so cute though!

Both of those babies are black torts, and neither of them have ear lacing. Some black torts are just darker than the others.
Here is an example of one of a very similar color (tort otter) except it has white inside the ears (which goes hand in hand with ear lacing) Not my picture but I forgot who I got the picture from. You can see here how it literally has white inside the ears, starkly contrasting against the body.
fox2.jpg

Latest posts

Back