Color Confusion!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstin

Reaction score
Lilac or Blue Tort.?? Or neither...?Daddy was a lynx and mommy was a blue-eyed white...

13405_231745_560000004.jpg

13405_231745_550000003.jpg

13405_231745_530000002.jpg

13405_231745_530000001.jpg

13405_231745_520000000.jpg

kirstin wrote:
How can you tell...? :?

Judging from the pictures, she is definitely a tort. In tort, you can have black, blue, chocolate and lilac. She is much to light for a black, or chocolate. That leaves only blue and lilac. You are right, they look very similar since they are both dilute, but blues usually have much more blue coloring on their points. This doe is lighter and to me she just looks more like a lilac.

Emily

Silver Star Rabbitry
Raising and Showing Quality Silver Marten Rabbits in North Louisiana.

http://silverstarsilvermartens.webs.com/
http://silverstarrabbitry.blogspot.com/

[email protected]

Blue and lilac do look identical, but look at the pitures of the kits.
I'm fairly sure it's a lilac tort as well, I don't see any blue

Ok I say lilac tort. Look at a lilac and look at a blue. you can tell the dif. I have blue babies so I can tell the dif easily. lilac is lighter and if you look at the pics of a solid blue and a solid lilac you can def. tell that this kit is a lilac tort. Idk maybe its just me

Crystal

Lol that one's a buck, not a doe guys. =P Ya, I knew it wasn't a chocolate tort. or black tort. cause I own a couple black torts. No chocolate-based parents. There's all BEWs in the generation except for the dad is a lynx vc, his generation has some broken blacks, and the mother's grandmother was a smoke pearl.

Here's a pic of the sire... registered as a lynx.

custardapril2010.jpg

Oh ho ho . how Holland lop genetics work, not as easy as Dutch. FrostyXFrosty and I get a smoke pearl and a sable point. It actually makes sense when you do a punnett square
Your baby is gorgeous though

Here's the thing I have noticed about Hollands. You have to wait a while longer to see how they develop .Most of the breedes I know wait 12-16 weeks and pick the ones they want to keep for their herd. With dutch you know right off the bat if they have the correct markings are any dq's then at 8 weeks you pretty much know their type

This is why I am booting the Blue and Lilac Harlequins from my program. I personally can not see the difference. I think part of it is my eyesite... too much confusion.

Yes, VM rabbits are unshowable, but if they're only carriers with no physical attributes revealing the Vienna gene, then he could be showable. I'm selling him as a pet anyways. =)

Latest posts

Back