Color Best Bred to Chocolate Carrier

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopsAreGreat

Reaction score
I have a new doe who carries chocolate in her lines, which I’m very excited about the moment I checked her pedigree! Her great grandmother (broken chocolate gold tipped steel) and great grandfather (chocolate gold-tipped) had chocolate, those two passed the chocolate color on to our doe’s grandfather (chocolate chestnut). That’s where the chocolate stopped showing up on her pedigree. But I’d really like to get some chocolate babies out of her if that’s possible! I’d need to pair her with the right buck. She is a black chinchilla. I currently have three bucks (blue/Fawn tricolor, blue harlequin, and an Opal). I don’t think any of those colors would help bring out chocolate babies, would they? I’m going to be adding a BEW buck and WE (white eared) buck to the Rabbitry soon. But would either of those be enough to bring out chocolate babies at all? If not, do you think my best option would be just to have a chocolate buck?

None of those buck colors would help bring out chocolate. Youd probably need a chocolate buck. though you should always breed for type and structure before breeding for color. There is only a 50% chance that she carries chocolate, if the most recent chocolate ancestor was her grandfather.

None of those buck colors would help bring out chocolate. Youd probably need a chocolate buck. though you should always breed for type and structure before breeding for color. There is only a 50% chance that she carries chocolate, if the most recent chocolate ancestor was her grandfather.
Ok thank you for the advice!

Latest posts

Back