Collars

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2bfg

Reaction score
What are some appropriate collars for my young flemish giants?

Collars are really no appropriate for rabbits. Rabbits don't need to wear tags. A collar can get caught on something, even a foot, and that can panic the rabbit causing serious problems. A decorative collar for a photo is about as far as you want to go.

A harness can be more appropriate, but even then there can be issues. A harness should not be left on a rabbit. Some rabbits won't wear a harness. A few types can be dangerous for a rabbit due to being all one strap, too thick, or not fitted right so the rabbit can slip out.

If you are looking for ID, a tattoo or microchip is a better option. If you want something so you can take your rabbit outside, an x-pen is safer and allows more freedom to move around. If you can't set up a pen or don't have a safe yard, then a harness can be used.

I agree, collars are neither necessary nor safe for rabbits. Both of my rabbits do have H-style harnesses that they wear when we go into the yard and both are microchipped as a form of identification.

I would use a H style harness if I were u that's what I use for my young Flemish giant crossbreed. U can buy the H style harness at walmart it's called a kitten harness I think

I agree with everything said above, collars are not suitable. Harnesses can be worn but only under supervision and not full-time.

I got Bandit microchipped when I had him desexed.

Latest posts

Back