Cold Italian food dishes?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
The bunny picnic is tomorrow and its Italian food themed - I really wanted to bring along a veggie pasta, but I JUST saw on the sign up list that someone else is bringing one!

Does anyone have any good, meat-free (hey, i need something to eat just in case!!), cold Italian dish recipes that they'd like to share? I need to go to the store fairly soon! I'm open to warm dishes, too, I suppose....but I'm just worried it won't be warm anymore by the time we get there (have to run to a friends house before we go).

ETA: I want easy recipes, too....I'm a terrible cook :p.

Well, it was getting late...so I decided to just go ahead and make pasta salad anyway :p. Thanks for that link, though....might have to try some stuff for just us :biggrin:.

There should be a lot of recipes online for a simple bean salad that is made with Italian seasoning -- if you want to keep it in mind for next time :) Bunny picnic sounds awesome :)

Amy, how was the picnic? I know you already went, but my all time favorite Italian salad would be perfect for a picnic and is also really easy! All you do is slice some tomatoes and put them in a bowl along with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese (the kind that comes packed in water, not the kind you shred and put on pizza) and shredded fresh basil. Then you sprinkle with salt to taste and a pinch or two of sugar, and pour over balsamic vinegar and good quality olive oil to taste. Stir up and enjoy! You could evenly sprinkle on the sugar and salt and drizzle on the oil and vinegar without stirring if you want it to look especially pretty. The cool thing is that the longer it sits, the better it tastes too... It's perfect to make if you grow your own tomatoes and basil. Droooool.

The pictures from the picnic are in my blog :biggrin:.

Thanks for that idea, Shiloh! I'm going to have to make that one, too. I remember being served that at my favorite Italian bistro in NY :).

Latest posts

Back