Cold bunnies in winter.Need help ASAP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbits4life123

Reaction score
I have 3 rabbits that currently stay in a hutch outside.I live in Denver and it’s dropping into the teens and sometimes single digits quite frequently.Im finding that I have to bring them in a lot so they don’t freeze to death.The problem is that rabbits poop a lot.It generates a nasty smell that I don’t mind but others in the house hold have a problem with it.I already have heating pads and put a tarp and comforter over but it’s just not enough.I need some way to keep the rabbits without dumping a gazzilion dollars I don’t have into it.I need a way before March 15 or my rabbits I love to death are going to have to find a new home.

Honestly, there is no reason for rabbits or their indoor cage to smell -- at all! Seriously.
If someone's set up has a nasty odor, then it is just that the litterbox and cage set-up need to be updated in a way that prevents odor. There really should be no odor coming from a rabbit cage.

There are many of us on here that keep rabbits indoors. Mine are kept in the main living area of our home and visitors are always completely unaware we have rabbits until they actually see them. They don't smell the rabbits or their cage.

A proper litter set up and proper maintenance is all that is needed. The key is a good litter. There are a few really good options. My favorite is wood pellets (different from wood shavings). Wood pellets are cheap --40lb for $4-$7. Topped with hay, and maintained by adding fresh hay (right on top) twice per day will keep the litter box odor free for up to 1 week with 1 rabbit or 3-4 days with 2 rabbits sharing. Of course the box itself should be the right size too. Click here to get better detail on how this works.

I agree my rabbit doesn't smell bad at all she's pretty good with her litter box and she's only 2 months old so your bunnies shouldn't be stinky at all

Latest posts

Back