Cocopeat as litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyBunny ph

Reaction score
Hi! does anybody know if Cocopeat is safe to use as litter for bunnies?

I've seen some owners use this and the packages of these say its safe but I can't find much info about it to know if it is truly safe for bunnies.

thank you @Marandbear! when you mean shavings, you mean aspen right? not cedar or pine?
pine is fine as long as it is heat treated (and the large majority of pine shavings they sell is heat treated). Pine pellets are a very common bedding, you can get them for like $5 for a 40 lb bag from tractor supply. But no cedar.

I honestly prefer
My bunny uses this liter and she seems to love it. However I would also suggest just regular shaving for their litter box
thank you @Marandbear! when you mean shavings, you mean aspen right? not cedar or pine?
Honestly I like aspen shavings better, pine is a little more tricky. No cedar though. I can get my bags at tractor supply for 6$

pine is fine as long as it is heat treated (and the large majority of pine shavings they sell is heat treated). Pine pellets are a very common bedding, you can get them for like $5 for a 40 lb bag from tractor supply. But no cedar.
We use pine pellets also! I doubt if the pine shavings we have here heat treated. I try to stick to the pelleted form to be safe :)

Honestly I like aspen shavings better, pine is a little more tricky. No cedar though. I can get my bags at tractor supply for 6$
I'm actually gonna try aspen today! our supplier ran out of wood pellets so this is my back up :)

thank you @SableSteel and @Marandbear :)

Latest posts

Back