Coconut for Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbitwuv

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just went to the pet store and picked up a bag of coconutstrips. It said that it is for small animals and has apicture of a rabbit on it along with other small animals. Myquestion is...is it safe to give to my furry little boy? Ihave posted this on another site as I would like to get severalopinions on this.

I have checked my books and on various websites and they seem to havedifferent views. Does anyone know for sure if it is safe?

Thanks much and Happy Easter everyone,

Wabbitwuv

Wabbitwuv,

Even if you see aphoto of a bunny on the package, and even if the staff tell you it'sfor "small animals", that doesn't mean it's safe for buns. It may begood for other small animals, it may be fatal for rabbits. Sorry todisappoint you, but please, for your bunny's sake, DON'T feed yourrabbit the coconuts!!! Remember the saying: "Don't judge a book by itscover!"

My rabbit absolutely loves her coconut sticks!!She eats them like they're goin outta style lol. So, no, I wouldn't saythere's anything wrong with them.

I think that if your bunny is fine with it, itshould be all right but I think that it should be given as treats..oncein a while..Is it high in sugar content??

I don't think it is ?? She ate 3 of them in like aweek... she's still knawing on one at the moment. I figured it wouldhelp keep her teeth filed, while she enjoyed a snack ?

Apple tree branches do the same, rabbits LOVE thebark and it helps with their teeth as well. Soapplebranchesare a snack, but a good one for them.

Yup! I used to pick those off our apple tree and she ate the bark right off them :)

Thank you all for the advice! I canalways count on the people in this forum to provide helpful, friendlyadvice. I learn so much here!

Wabbitwuv

Latest posts

Back