Coastal Bermuda VS Timothy ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas the Bun

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there any significant difference between Coastal Bermuda and Timothy Hay?

Also, what about hay being “fertilized, herbicide, pesticide (as needed)..”

Thank You :)

I have read that it is an acceptable alternative to Timothy Hay. Often it is less expensive if someone needs to be on a budget. I am not able to get it in my area although the store that I sometimes purchase items sells it in the stores it doesn't in my area and doesn't ship it either. Looking local is a good option and asking if it has been sprayed is a good idea...you can always try it out and see what you think.

Thank You,
All the hay companys (that I’ve found) around my area all spray their hay with pesticide,ect.

I’ll have to ask if it’s safe for small animals, but I kind of doubt it.

Thank You,
All the hay companys (that I’ve found) around my area all spray their hay with pesticide,ect.

I’ll have to ask if it’s safe for small animals, but I kind of doubt it.
I have to assume most companies unfortunately do spray unless they specifically say they do not. It is not like we wash they hay off like we can wash an apple. I believe it can be slowly harmful to animals. Where do you get your hay now? I am looking forward to spring when my rabbit can eat fresh from my yard or I can gather things for her in places I know they do not spray.

Latest posts

Back