Coal-goobye my little old girl.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to make the decision I hate the most. Coal, our little blue Mini-Rex has been declining for more than4 months. She was born December 23, 1998, so she's been here way longer than most, but not nearly long enough. I'm taking her to the vet at 10:45 and then I'll bring her back home and bury her. I'm posting this now as I know I won't be able to later. She's always been a happy bunny, loved food, treats, veggies and playing with her toys. When we got her she was over 9 pounds and looked like a blob with ears and eyes. It took a little while to get the pounds off as we put her on a mostly hay diet. Gods I have so many things I could say that I'm just overwhelmed. Goodbye my little "Pod", see you on the other side.

So sorry that you need to say goodbye to your Coal. It's never enough time is it. But giving relief like that to a declininghappy bunny can be the best goodbye present you can give. It hurts you more than her, but shows absolutepure love.

My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your Coal.

K:(

Thanks everyone. All of our bunnies are rescues, but she was one of the few we had any info on from the person that surrendered her to the shelter. She was a beautiful little Blue Mini-Rex with an absolutely great personality. Like all bunnies, she was in to everything. If you didn't tuck the computer chair in, she was up on the desk--two printer cables and one sound system later, Nancy learned to tuck the chair in. She got around the whole house, as the flooring surface didn't matter. Talk to you all later, gonna go mope for awhile now. Rest in peace my little "Pod" and binky free.:bunnyangel:

It's so hard just reading about the passing of all of these innocent lil' buns, I can't imagine how you guys are feeling.
We are sorry for your loss and we hope that you can find some happiness during this terrible time.
Thinking of Coal!!!

here are some pictures from 5 years ago of our little girl relaxing at our old house.
DSC00555-1.jpg

DSC00542-1.jpg

102606_09281.jpg

Oct01_0001.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear about Coal~she seems like she was such a sweet bunny! You're so blessed you could have her for so many years!

RIP bunny boo and Binky free!

I'm so sorry. I had to put my little Angel, who looked a lot like your sweet girl, to sleep back in October. She had Leukemia and was going down hill fast. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make. Stay strong. She is waiting for you over the bridge!

I'm so sorry for your loss! She was so beautiful!! She had the best life with you and i'm sure she will be watching over you, she was obviously very loved! I wish you all the best, and hope you can remember all the great memories of you and your little angel! Binky free in heaven sweet girl !

As sad as it was to hear this, I have to say the pictures you posted made me giggle ;) she was a blob lol but a very cute blob ;) sorry for your loss and binky free Coal in bunny heaven ;)

Aw :( Larry, I'm really sorry to hear this.
But you shouldn't be sad, you should be happy that you gave
her such a great life and a second chance instead of leaving her at a shelter you brought her in and showed her what a great life is supposed to be :)

I'm sure she's more than grateful for everything you've done

Latest posts

Back