Cluster poops and slight poopy butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonMama

Reaction score
Hello, I posted about Misty Moon and the case of the poopy butt a couple weeks ago. Thank you for all the help.
The scenario is that I have fed the new pellets (Oxbow Jr) for 5 days now, and hay, and just a small amount of fresh greens. She still seems to have some poopy butt that I check and clean daily. Today I noticed that she had clustered poop balls a couple times amidst regular formed poop balls when she was running about in the garage while I was with her. It seems that she does need to go to the hay only diet. However, I am concerned about two things: 1. with her nursing, will she have enough nutrition as long as I give alfalfa mixed in as well as a salt/mineral lick? and 2) with no pellets in the hutch, will the 5 little kits (now 22 days old) be able to have enough nutrition? They are all nibbling hay and pellets. When I tried time with just hay for her, even just several hours, Misty became very ornery and was looking for food from me every time I came to check on her- so I am just concerned about getting her enough nutrition while she is nursing but also need this poop situation to clear up!
Thanks for any help.

Hello, I posted about Misty Moon and the case of the poopy butt a couple weeks ago. Thank you for all the help.
The scenario is that I have fed the new pellets (Oxbow Jr) for 5 days now, and hay, and just a small amount of fresh greens. She still seems to have some poopy butt that I check and clean daily. Today I noticed that she had clustered poop balls a couple times amidst regular formed poop balls when she was running about in the garage while I was with her. It seems that she does need to go to the hay only diet. However, I am concerned about two things: 1. with her nursing, will she have enough nutrition as long as I give alfalfa mixed in as well as a salt/mineral lick? and 2) with no pellets in the hutch, will the 5 little kits (now 22 days old) be able to have enough nutrition? They are all nibbling hay and pellets. When I tried time with just hay for her, even just several hours, Misty became very ornery and was looking for food from me every time I came to check on her- so I am just concerned about getting her enough nutrition while she is nursing but also need this poop situation to clear up!
Thanks for any help.
Hi, it would be easier for us if you post it in your main thread so we can see from beginning. Maybe moderators can join two threads together.

I would say if she is still nursing and kits are 3 weeks old, I would definitely feed pellets, despite poopy butt.

Hi, it would be easier for us if you post it in your main thread so we can see from beginning. Maybe moderators can join two threads together.

I would say if she is still nursing and kits are 3 weeks old, I would definitely feed pellets, despite poopy butt.
Thank you for this feedback!

Latest posts

Back