Clotrimazole and griseofulvin fungus in the ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaRabbit

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Anyone been through this before?
My little Lisa have fungus in his ear. And I read that I can give her Clotrimazole cream and griseofulvin oral.
It's the right thing? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408153371.740540.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Rabbit Forum

It does look like it might be ringworm. I think I would try a cream first to see if that clears it up. It's saying that antifungal creams that are used with kittens are also safe for rabbits. Not sure what country you are in or if you have the same type of antifungal creams as here in the US though. Maybe try the clotrimazole cream. It looks like it needs to be applied twice a day. Maybe for 2 weeks, but not sure exactly.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Fungal/Fungal_en.htm (WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS)
http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/FungalAlgal/ringworm.htm

JBun! You are so gentle for answer so many question that I have ! Thank you
I'm in Rio, Brazil. Yes, I saw the same site. And you are right, I'm gonna taste the cream first. You are sure? I can go to the pet in the vet session and ask for Clotrimazole for cat?
Thank you! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408158111.803423.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Rabbit Forum

No, I'm not really sure. Both of those links say the antifungal clotrimazole is safe to use on rabbits, so the active ingredient itself is considered safe for rabbits, but what I don't know is what other ingredients will be added to the cream in your country, so I can't say for sure that it will be safe or not. But I'm guessing that an antifungal used for kittens, has to be safe in case the kitten grooms and swallows some of it, and a rabbit would do the same. Given your situation, you will just have to make your best guess on how to treat it with the information provided.

Latest posts

Back