Clipping nails, cage flooring and sore hocks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnykinz

Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding bunny feet! My buns are feisty and will not sit still for nail trimming. I've tried trancing them, wrapping them in a towel and just plain trying to hold them still. I need a new idea on how to trim their nails and get them to sit still. Also, Bryn has a touch of sore hocks. Their cage floor is a mix of wire, wood planks, a bit of tile and some soft hay. Any better flooring I can use? For Bryn's sore hocks he has just a bit of fur worn off on each foot. Can I put a little booty on him or something? Sorry for such a long post. :wink

Poor bun with the sore hocks! For the time being you may try laying down a small towel or cloth table placemat in the half of her cage that is away from her potty corner. Towels are soft and will help her feet to heal. If her feet have any sores on them you can use "Bag Balm", just apply a small amount. You can find Bag Balm in most drug stores and pet supply... its a non-toxic ointment that helps to speed healing and it wont harm your bun if they should lick it off.
As far as keeping your bun still so you can trim their nails... are yu not able to get your bun to trance deep enough? And they are just too twisty when wrapped in a towel? Hmmmnn... do you have a House Rabbit Society close to you? You may want to check online, HRS does offer grooming services (nail trimming, etc...) for a very small fee and atleast that is an option for ya.

Yes normally it is very easy to trance my bun. But today he is especially feisty! My buns hate towels with a passion! lol I will try to put something soft in their cage. I managed to get most of his nails by putting him in a wire carrier where his nails hang through the wires!

Latest posts

Back