Clean up question and question about the adult transition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Monkey

Reaction score
I clean up my 5 months and 3 weeks old rabbit's cage, pen, and litter boxes every 2 to 3 days. A shop vac is involved, so I always entice her into a pet carrier with pellets and a treat to move her into another room while I do this so the noise of the shop vac doesn't freak her out, and so she doesn't get po'd about her things being touched. Trust me, this girl hates her things being cleaned. I've read stories about rabbits being mad when their owner doesn't clean up their area in a timely manner, but oh no; no, my Mini Satin, Freya, gets blazing mad at anyone who dares to touch her poop and belongings. I'm wondering if this is wrong. Should I not remove her and get her used to hearing a loud shop vac and get her comfortable with clean up day?

About the transition. She's approaching 6 months so I bought the Oxbow Adult Rabbit food today to start transitioning her off of the Oxbow Essentials Young Rabbit Alfalfa Pellets. What's the proper ratio of old food vs new food to do so, and over how long should I do this?

My boys will both constantly bug me when I clean their houses, and aren't afraid of the vacuum in the least. They hate when I move things, but Lawrence has learned that in the end, it will all be clean, which he loves!

Latest posts

Back