Circling and mounting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasb

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. My sibling ladies are spayed and have been great together since I rebonded them after their spay.

I'm guessing because the spring seems to have started early this year hormones are up. There has been some what look like playful circling and attempted mounting. When playing in the garden.

I reduce space when this happens to stop this as I'm worried things could escalate.

Should I leave them to this behaviour or keep discouraging it.

I'm really hoping this bond stays

Thank you

Well, spring is known to trigger something even in spayed does, but it can be that their characters are pretty close about thinking who's Alpha, and that's the way they sort it out. I don't interfere with my intact doe duos, even if there's some chasing and tufts of fur flying, they sort it out by themself. Different to bucks does have several steps of escalation, more social awareness and skills, normally it doesn't turn bad from one day to the next (like with bucks), and once the pecking order is settled everything calms down again.

Latest posts

Back