Cinnabuns New Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnabun121212

Reaction score
I thought about doing a C&C cage (had mega ones for my guinea pigs) but since Cinny is out all day and only locked up at night found this to be a perfect cage for her. The door opens to the floor, the top lifts up and the bottom slips out for easy cleaning and access. She is really good with her litter pans, have one in the cage and her main one is behind my kitchen table and she is very good. Ahh she might leave a few extra poo's here and there but compared to what I've been reading sounds like I am very lucky as she has very good control of them :).

006-1_zps084571be.jpg

017-1_zps00817cc1.jpg

NICE cage :) I have a preview cage as well, though different than yours. I got it months before getting my rabbit. It only got used for about a week before I built a NIC cage and got a 2nd rabbit.

If she's out all day a smaller cage can work. Sounds like she has all she needs.

Ha, ha... is that a slipper/boot I see in her cage in the bottom photo?

If she was to be confined all day it wouldn't be in this cage!! Sadly I wasted a good amount of money on temporary cage ... but she's happy now so it's all good!

Blue eyes ... yes that is a slipper boot in the cage, of course she likes it better when on my foot and moving around but one of her favorite things and hope it it comforts her at night :).

That looks like it will work well for you, but I would recommend rehanging the door so it opens up and then clipping it up with a carabiner or something similar. Some rabbits can get their feet caught on a door like that.

Christina ... that is a very good idea and will look into it. She usually just jumps into the cage but better safe than sorry. I even have the wire flooring part of the cage covered with a towel just for that reason. I do have the option to remove the grid but right now testing her out in it.

sugarbunnies ... I found this cage at Petsmart (it was $99.00). It seems to be a pretty sturdy cage (for a store bought one) and very easy to access the inside from the top and the bottom tray pulls out for easy cleaning. The cage came with a ramp & a shelf but my bun is too big for that. Even if I removed the grid floor and just used the bottom of the cage it's still not enough height for her to sit on the shelf. In fact when I 1st tried it out she just reached her head up to the water bowl that secures into the spot and drank out of it LOL.

Latest posts

Back