Cinnabunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be moving into our new home in July so definitely not now. Right now the bunny and my cockatiel, Smudge, have started to become friends. Not the same as a bunny pair but it's pretty cute.

Smudge has taken to sitting on the NIC border of the play area and sometimes ventures into the pen. He particularily likes the litter box! So far Cinnabunny has just watched him. Smudge hisses when she gets to close.

So, for now, we'll keep the number of animals down. I also worry about the spay cost (my vet charges almost $300!) for Cinnabunny and then the cost of another one if I were to get a second rabbit. Another worry - would Cinnabunny stop being so cuddly and lovey? She has really become a lap bunny. If she had a friend then she wouldn't need us!

Cinnabunny wrote:
We will be moving into our new home in July so definitely not now. Right now the bunny and my cockatiel, Smudge, have started to become friends. Not the same as a bunny pair but it's pretty cute.

Smudge has taken to sitting on the NIC border of the play area and sometimes ventures into the pen. He particularily likes the litter box! So far Cinnabunny has just watched him. Smudge hisses when she gets to close.

So, for now, we'll keep the number of animals down. I also worry about the spay cost (my vet charges almost $300!) for Cinnabunny and then the cost of another one if I were to get a second rabbit. Another worry - would Cinnabunny stop being so cuddly and lovey? She has really become a lap bunny. If she had a friend then she wouldn't need us!
My dog is totally into my buns ^^ she plays with them all the time. I dont think you need to spay her..Girls usually dont need it. Its often not even recommended because its a more dangerous surgery.

One bunny more is usually not much more costs.. At least here it would be about 30 $ for a bun and then another 20$ for shots. And then a tiny bit more food of course.

Cinnabunny is already cuddly and will not stop being like that dont worry.. My Mümmel(my first bun)lived alone for a while too- she was the same like before when we got another rabbit. In fact she even got more

If you decide toget another bunny, cinnabunny can influence him positively.Bunnys are just much happier when they have a friend of their own kind too- to play with or to cuddle with at night.

Hey!
Wow, look at cinnabunny, what a cutie! and her name fits her just perfect! good job!

Why do you only let her out in that playarea when you are at home? I think it looks secure enough you can have her runnig around all the time. Bunnies just love to hop and run all the time, especially at night, thats why my rabbits get to run around whenever they like to. they have the whole entranceroom to run around and play all day and all night.

Cinnabunny will still love you as much as she does now, believe me. My male bunny named Paul is even friendlier than he was befor he got a partner bunny. He used to not let anybody pet him, since the very first day Lara (second bunny) moved in he just loves to cuddle and we can pet him whenever we want and he will just lie down and enjoy. I guess he started to get jealous when he saw that Lara would get pet all the time and nobody would pet him as we didnt expect he would let us. so he hopped torwards us and started to put his head under our hands so we would pet him. it was adoreable.

besides: I dont feel bad anymore when nobody is home for some time. I used to feel so bad because he was all alone, I even felt bad when I went to bed because he would sit all alone in the entranceroom for the whole night.

He is a much happier bunny now, Im sure about that. after all in nature bunnies live in whole groups and never alone.

as you say cats and bunnies are fun togethre but still they arent the same species so its not quite the same as a partnerbunny.

so I guess if you are moved in in you new home there will be plenty of room for a second one, wont it?

Greets Souleen

Cinnabunny wrote:

When you're able to get her a friend, try looking in shelters. Adult spayed/neutered rabbits are the easiest to bond, otherwise you'd have to wait until another baby was old enough to be neutered. Plus you could bring Cinnabunny to meet her potential friends and let her choose one that she likes. No worrying over whether she's going to completely hate the new bunny.;)

Oh, and I don't know what it's like where you are, but near me the adoption fees for spayed/neutered rabbits range from $15-30. So if money for spaying is a concern, you don't have to worry about it.

I think you are wise to only have one rabbit at this point. Good Choice, Sis! Aaron and Zachary are learning so much about loving and caring for this little life. One extremely loved bun is right for you, despite what anyone says. It makes it much easier during hurricane season as well, in the case of a quick evacuation. More hotels are willing to take you in with one rabbit (bird, hamster) than even more pets. :)

I also think it's wise that you supervise Cinnabunny when she's out of her hutch. As you've told me, she has once gone over the NIC tiles.

You're a fantastic bunny mommy! :) I'm so glad that you've taken to this board and have fallen so in love with your sweet bunny baby!

32511761.gif

Gretchen is an only bunny too and will most likely stay that way. I think one is all I can do and she seems perfectly happy. She is such a cuddler too--just like Cinnabunny!

I don't really have room for the bigger cage required for two buns.

Elf Mommy wrote:
I think you are wise to only have one rabbit at this point. Good Choice, Sis! Aaron and Zachary are learning so much about loving and caring for this little life. One extremely loved bun is right for you, despite what anyone says. It makes it much easier during hurricane season as well, in the case of a quick evacuation. More hotels are willing to take you in with one rabbit (bird, hamster) than even more pets. :)
Umh, I wouldnt exactly call it wise. I mean it's her own choice and I'm sure she's a very good bunny mom. Fact is just that rabbits are very social animals that live in groups. So if a bun is living alone its not the best. There have even been scientific researches about that subject matter. Some (of course not all) buns even develop weird habits or agressions due to living alone. I just think Cinnabuny should know about this.

About the hotel: I don't think in a situation like that she will have the time and opportunity to choose a pet (lagomorph)friendly hotel.

I hadthe situation once and I just smuggled my 2 buns inside- after I got the keys of course. If she won't find a bun friendly hotel she might have to do something like that or think of another place. Probably even with just one bun.

@Jenni

Well like I said it's her choice and soyours too. Not trying to force anyone, just giving advice. I realized my buns were much happier with a partner.

Emi

[align=center]
thinears.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]CINNABUNNY[/align]
[align=center]She has been an excellent addition to my family. My husband and I were going to get a lizard for my seven year old son. The first lizard died after seven days. Fearful of another lizard death (I'm not really good with lizards and things like that) we decided on a bunny. My sister, ElfMommy, has had rabbits all her life so I was comfortable around them. We had one for a short time in California but the next place we rented said NO and she went to live on a farm with a friend. My husband is not a big animal person; he never has been. My husband relented since this animal could be 'crated'. [/align]
[align=center]Our Beauty came home. As in my other posts, Beauty did not live long. We had her only a week. The pet store gave us a 'replacement' bunny since Beauty did not live long. We were not sure about all this but took her home. At first, after Beauty, it was hard to see a fluffy, floppy-eared rabbit. She was just opposite of Beauty. [/align]
[align=center]My Husband decided she looked like a Cinnamon bun without the frosting and, hence, the name Cinnabunny. We went through her bout with death and we are thankful she is still with us. [/align]
[align=center]Since the scare my two little boys are working on bunny manners. My oldest will go into her playpen in the morning and just sit for an hour petting her (he is my early riser). My youngest we really have to watch. He is only four and his favorite thing is to have Cinnabunny chew on his hair. This means he lays down in front of her and puts his head in her face. It really scares me.[/align]
[align=center]I feel Cinnabunny is getting enough exercise. I let her out when I get up in the morning (unless my seven year old beat me to it) and she stays out until we leave the house. Shecannot be left unsupervised since she has hopped over the two-high NIC gate. When we get home, around 3 or so, she is out again until and hour before my kids' bedtime. At bedtime she gets free run of the family room and kitchen for an hour or so before going back into her playpen (sometimes she goes there by herself) for about two more hours until I go to bed.[/align]
[align=center]I am the one who gets to care for the animals as well as my family. Adding Cinnabunny was not done lightly. I need to make sure my family is really ready for another animal, financially as well as emotionally. Cinnabunny is not biting her cage to get out or acting as if she is lonely. We have become her mates. Dogs are pack animals as well and whenever I had one I had only one. The family became the pack. I hope Cinnabunny has become part of my pack.[/align]

That was so well written :goodjob. It is obvious the love and affection you and your family have for Cinnabunny, and yes, she does get plenty of exercise.

My first rabbit was an only rabbit, and we were very closely bonded. My vet even said that Fudge didn't think she was a rabbit, but a 'little person'. When she stayed with my friend that had a rabbit, she wanted nothing to do with it, and preferred human company.

Perry and Pernod are perfectly bonded. It is lovely to see them together, but they are bonded to each other more than they are with us. I think it depends on the individualrabbits. Cinnabunny is obviously very happy with things the way they are at the moment, and recieves plenty of attention from you and your boys. Both you and Elf Mommy are great examples of Bunny parents :)

Jan

What a darling bunny. I'm sure, judging by how much you love her, as long as you are playing with her plenty of times throughout the day, that she'll be fine alone. However, just a suggestion, you could make the NIC playpen one more cube higher so that it would contain her, and then she could be out running all the time, even when you're not home?

I just got home from taking the babysitter to her home. The bunny was out in her NIC playpen the entire time we were on our date. It took me 15 minutes to drive her home and during that time she hopped the fence!!!!! :mad:I walked into my bedroom and there she was - halfway across the house from her home! Bad bunny; bad, bad, bunny! :X

That's exactly what Gretchen would do. Don't feel bad. Gretchen can climb! There is no way she could be in an NIC cube area without a top. She climbed some 5 foot fencing when she was less than 2 months!!

At first I thought Cinnabunny was using something in her cage to jump over the fence - items eliminated but she was still found over the fence a time or two.

I finally saw her in action - she can JUMP to the top of the two high NIC panels and rest all four feet on the top for a split second before jumping the rest of the way over. This is from a TILE floor on both sides! She is only half way up one NIC panel when she is on all four paws. She isn't very big - BUT maybe she is meant to be in bunny jumping after all.

[align=center]:group::group::group:[/align]
Cinnabunny is a year old. We have decided that her birthday is thebeginning of the eyar since that is about how old the doctor thoughtshe was when we took her to the vet so very long ago.

Many things have changed for her in this past year. She moved with usinto the home we bought and we built her a wonderful NIC condo.Pictures will be posted next.

She has the run of two large rooms in our home when we are home andable to watch. She is still interested in a few places we have wiresand she loves to dig in rug if don't watch her. Cinnabunny's Bunny 500sare fewer due to the large amount of tile (ie - running and thensliding into walls must not be fun).

Cinnabunny is addicted to banana in the morning given by non other thanthe man of the house (whose shoes are OFTEN chinned by Cinnabunny). Sheloves her raisins and craisins as well as wondrful helpings of kale.

Her coloring has matured but her fur is just as soft as the baby bunnyfur earlier this year. She still looks like a Cinnabun to us so thename is fitting.

I hope everyone has a great NEW YEAR!!:happynewyear:

Happy Birthday, Cinnabunny!:balloons:

Latest posts

Back