Cinderella is very sick (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry to hear she's not doing well again. This is what happend with my headtilt bunny~She was on antibiotics and they thoght she was better so they took her off right away and once she went off, got alot worse than ever before within a few days.

I'll definitly be keeping Cinderella in my prayers. :pray::pray::pray:

Cinderella started having seizures. I took her to the vet and they tried for 3.5 hours to get them to stop. She came out of it twice, both times less than a minute. She gave me kisses the whole time she was herself.

We decided that she was suffering. Since the medicine couldn't control the seizures I had to let her go.

I feel so horribly guilty, she fought so long and hard to the end. What if it really wasn't her time? The one tech practices raki and she said that Cinderella was moving over for another bunny to get rescued. I don't want another bunny, I want Cinderella!

Is this my fault for looking at Frenchies on petfinder? Did I make her think I wanted someone else that she had to go? I am a horrible person and don't deserve such loving sweet animals.

My heartfelt condolences. I was so hoping that Cinderella made that turn to feeling better as well. I'm just so, so sorry.

Don't feel guilty. You did everything you could for her. As much as you wanted her to stay, you did the most kindest act there is. You unselfishly let her go. With those kisses she showed you she loved you and you gave her the best life.

The person who said Cinderella was moving over for another bunny was a moron for saying that IMHO. You did nothing wrong looking at other bunnies, (remember Cinderella's kisses). No bunny could ever replace her. It's far too soon to even think of it.

Just remember those kisses now. She let you know. It's so tough losing them, but she was ready and you gave her your love because you let her go.

Hugs.

K :(

You would not have wanted her suffering to go on, so you showed her you loved her by letting her go. She knew you had her welfare at heart.

Oh Brandy - DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF - you did everything possible and more. Cinderella knew that you loved her, but she was so sick, and out of love you let her go. I know that was a hard and very horrible decision, but the one that just had to be made. You were not making room for another bunny, in your house and your love another bunny that needed a home would have been accomadated. She had a wonderful life with you, and now it is her time to go to the bridge, to have a new pain free body. Binky free little girl, mom, dad and the rest of the bunnies will remember your great little personality, your kisses and your love. You were a sweetie and we will all miss you.
Auntie Alma

Oh Brandy,

I'm so sorry,Cinderella knew she was loved by you and her Daddy. You did everything and more for her during her illness. She showed you by giving you all those kisses before she made the journey to the Rainbow Bridge:rainbow:.

Hugs

Susan:bunnyangel2:

I'm so so sorry to hear about Cinderella. I was really hoping to come on this morning to find a good update on her. :tears2::cry2:

Sometimes it really is amazing how selfless a bunny can be. On my bunny(Jelly's) last day, she was so miserable and sick, yet as I held her tightly crying that whole morning she continued to lick me and give me lots of bunny kisses to comfort *me*.

Cinderella knew how much you loved her and that you did all you could for her~you gave her the best home, love and care she ever could have had. Please, don't blame yourself.

To quote ZRabbits: "The person who said Cinderella was
moving over for another bunny was a moron for saying that IMHO. You did nothing wrong looking at other bunnies, (remember Cinderella's kisses). No bunny could ever replace her. It's far too soon to even think of it."

Binky Free sweet Cinderella :rainbow::rip:

I'm so sorry Brandy.

It is definitely NOT YOUR FAULT. Do not feel guilty over such a thing, you tried so long and hard to keep Cinderella healthy as long as possible and she had someone so devoted to care for her, it's more then a lot of bunnies get. You're rabbits are extremely lucky to have you.

Rest in Peace little Cinderella.

Thank you so much to everyone for the support. I got sleep last night and I'm handling things much better. Houdini is sad, not his normal cheerful self. He is laying in the doorway of their burrow with his chin on the floor alternating with wandering the house. Cinderella was the boss in the relationship so I think he's lost and not sure what to do. I have to feed him by hand or he doesn't want to eat. I sent an inquiry to the local rabbit rescue about taking him for a date. He came from there so they know his personality so it can help set him up with a new mate. I know it is soon but I don't want to lose him to depression.

Brandy, I am so sorry to hear about Cinderella. You did everything you could AND MORE for her. Do not blame yourself. Cinderella gave you the "ok" to let her go with all those kisses she gave you. Binky free Cindi :)

We're so sorry for your loss. When our first bunny, Commander Bun-Bun got sick and passed it was so very hard. We didn't want to say goodbye either, but it wasn't really our choice. That was 4 years ago and I still miss her a lot. Time will help and giving Houdini more of your time will help too. Goodbye little girl, and, rest in peace.:bunnyangel:

I'm so sorry that it was her time to pass on. I would give Houdini a stuffed bunny friend to cuddle with right now. It can be very hard on both the bun-parents and the bunny that is left behind when one bun crosses to the bridge, but I think it is best to wait until you are ready for a new bunny friend. It is very hard to get excited about another family member when you've just lost one, and you may not be in the best place to make those kinds of decisions for a few weeks even. I know of stories where it has worked out, but in my experience, it was best to help our bun who lost her partner by spending extra time with her, and wait several weeks before looking for a new friend. It was terrible to see her missing bunny company--she'd sit and try to watch the other bunny pair we have even though they didn't get along at all--but we got to know her more personally and she opened up to us more as we did some of the things that her bond-mate had done for her (grooming, etc). Eventually it was time to look for a new buddy, and we were able to happily let another bunny into our lives for all the right reasons, and one of those was honoring the memory of the bunny we lost without feeling like we were replacing him. I know everyone is different, but I wanted to share our experience. Take some time to heal. There will never be another Cinderella, but eventually you will be able to think about her with happiness.

Latest posts

Back