CiCi's Moving Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Reaction score
Hello! CiCi here! Ma thought it'd be nice for me to write about my journey andnewhome inIowa. She thinks it will help me not be bored, and let people know what's going on in my bunny life. :D

Well, a few days ago mom started packing my suitcase. She says we must pack lots of my toys, some new blankies, my food,water from our sink, myparsely, my carrots, and my hay! She also put the hamsters' and mices' things in there. I don't mind sharing though! I caught a peak at my new blankie, but Ma says I have to wait until the car trip to have it. Poo!

We're supposed to be heading off this Friday, the 4th of August. We were going to leave Saturday, but Ma's gramma has to be back to Iowa (where she lives) by Sunday morning, and it takes two days to get to Iowa! I told Ma we should do whatever it takes to make Great Gramma happy, since she has loads of yummy veggies for me in her garden there in Iowa!!

I hear when we get a new house, I get a run in the backyard for me to play in everyday. That's going to be so much fun! I love being outdoors, but I always have to have my harness on. I dont mind it, but I like to be without it!

I also hear Ma's looking into getting me a handsome new buddy from the ARL of Iowa. She says her friend Caitlin, who lives in Iowa, is going to help her find me a nice friendly boy so I can bond with him. He'll be neutered, of course! I don't want baby bunnies! They are SO much work. I don't have time for that!

Well, I guess that's all! Before I go, here are some pics of me enjoying the yard on my harness.

CC3July27.jpg

CC8July27.jpg

CC10July27.jpg

CC6July27.jpg

Good Luck on your move little CiCi!

Sounds like your mommy is all prepared to make sure your journey is safe and enjoyable. It will be a long car ride, but just think of the fun and excitement that awaits you! That back yard sounds wonderful...Basil, Max, and Tumnus are jealous already.

Let us know how it goes. And remember to be a good girl (and Im sure your mommy will reward you with treats galore)!

Lots of Love,

Haley, Basil, Max, and Tumnus

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! Only 3 more days until we leave! Ma let me have one of my new toys early, its a blankie with a bear head on it.Its really soft. She thinks I will like to snuggle with it, since I was a bit naughty and tore up my small blankie I had in my bed. Little does she know that was my plan! :D

Will write again soon! And I'll get Ma to get pics of me and my new blankie up ASAP!

Lo\/E,

CiCi

What a cute girl! :bunnydance:Do you actually like the harness, CiCi? My bun figured out a way to get out of his. Does not like them at all! Good luck on the trip!:brownbunny

BTW, you might not want to drink while on the trip, and that's normal. That's what happened to my Driz when we went on a 6hour trip to northern Wisconsin (we couldn't get anyone to watch him). Make sure to let your Ma know to put a blanket under and behind your cage (a thick one like a comforter) to reduce the bumpiness of the car ride. That way you won't get nauseous. Good luck bun!

Here are some new pics, I finally got Ma to do it!

CiCiBear3.jpg

CiCiBear.jpg

CiCiandblankie.jpg

CCBear.jpg

CCandblankie.jpg

Me and my bag and bear blankie! And yes, I have a lot of stuff!

CiCiandbag.jpg

I think on the trip I will get to have a lot of parsely and cucumber, so that if I don't feel like drinking, I can just eat that. Its supposed to have a lot of water in it, but at night I will have my water bottle. I told Ma about cushioning my carrier, and she says thanks so much for reminding her, she almost packed up a large blanket she can use for that. And thanks from me too! I don't want to get car sick, yuck!

And yep, I like my harness. I just pretend its not there and run around the yard like I dont even have one on. Ma says thats very good, especially since before I got here, I never wore a harness or anything like that. :cool:

Tommorow the computer is getting packed, so this may be my last post until Monday. I'll write as soon as I am able!

Lo\/E,

CiCi

Hey again!

We finally made it to Iowa a few days ago. I just now could get to a computer! The trip was loooooong and kind of boring. I had to ride near the cats, and they just would not shut up. But I got to run around a lot of gas stations, and I've eaten grass in GA, TN, KY, MO, and now Iowa! I'm a well traveled bunny now!

We stayed the night in TN, and I had the whole bathroom to myself! I didnt mind when Ma and her sister had to take a shower, because I had a new toy to mess with. The drive wasnt too bad, but it was a little hot! Luckily we had AC and everything went smooth.

Right now I am staying on my grandmother's back porch. Its nice and covered, and I have a fan for the day and a tarp for at night. Mom says soon we are moving, but we havent gotten a house yet. My Ma's ma is visiting her father, and she's taking her time about getting to Iowa which is making my Ma angry.

I got a new pal!! Her name is Sharisse, after my auntie sharisse. Ma misses her sister a lot a lot, so someone suggested she name my new buddy after her, and maybe that will help. Sharisse the bunny is a lionhead, but Ma doesnt know what color she is. She has dark points like me, but like a californian more, but a chocolate color. And her eyes are chocolate!! She's very soft. I like to look at her in her cage, but I did get to play with her for a little untilI started humping her head. Ma didnt like that, but Sharisse didnt seem to care! She's a nervous bunny. Ma got her from her friend, Alden, and they didnt play with Sharisse much and she lived on cedar outside. :( That made Ma sad and she asked if she could have her, and Alden said yes because he said Sharisse was crazy. But she's not, she's just a little quirky. Ma likes her a lot.

Then... get this... I have ANOTHER friend coming soon! But Ma says she wants to wait until we have the house until we bring her home. From what I know, her name is Tobe ( like Toby) and Ma is not sure if she is actually a she, since Tobe is so scared and isnt used to being picked up. Ma's friend, Alden, told her about Tobe, and Ma called the person with Tobe and asked if they even liked the rabbit anymore, and they said no. :( So Ma offered to take her in a few weeks, and the people said ok.

Ma's plan is to get us all spayed and try bonding us. She says I will get along with Sharisse fine, and Sharisse likes me ok too, but Tobe she doesnt know about. Tobe used to live with other bunnies, but they got EATEN by some outdoor animal! So Tobe is used to other bunnies, and it might not be too hard to get her to like me and Sharisse. Ma knows its harder to bond female bunnies, but she says she must work with what she's got for now, and she is prepared if we dont like eachother.

Thats all for now! Love ya lots!

Lo\/E,

CiCi

Hi CiCi! You really are an experienced traveler now! I think you need a party to celebrate!

And congrats on your new friends. I'm sure they'll love they're new home, especially considering where they're coming from. It really makes you appreciate what you've got, doesn't it?:( But it's great that your mom can give them a good home!

Fey, Sprite, and Loki send their love to the new buns. They've been there. Mocha's sending her love to you, because you're another cute dwarf and she thinks that bad owners are her parents when they clip her nails.

Hey CiCi, you made it!

Glad the car ride went smoothly. I bet you love being able to run around on that porch..and I bet youre getting a lot of time on that leash running in the green grass!

So excited to meet your new friends! Sharisse sounds adorable! I know three single boys who cant wait to see pics of all you ladies!

-Haley, Basil, Max, and Tumnus ;)

Latest posts

Back