Christmas Cheer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Since someone had sort of started this idea, Idecided to make an official thread where we can all share ourtraditions, present ideas, and other Christmas related things we dowith our bunnies.

And that includes all rabbit and Santa pictures! :D

awww nothingcutier than animal and santa pictures, I canmt wait to see them all .

I forgot to say that I'll post my stuff later, I have to get back to school. I'll upload last years Santa pictures too.

P.S.- I'm taking Zoey and Mocha to see Santa next week.

I'm sure they'll love seeing santa BB. Mmmm, wonderwhat they will wantfor christmas?:ponder:
Ok chrismas traditions, we always watch a christmas film while puttingup the tree which we always put up on the 17th (as my birthday is theday before)I always have a 'sleepover' in mysisters room on christmas eve so we can open our stockings together,then we have to drag my brother down stairs so we can open all thepresents. We still compete for the biggest pile of presents ( I'm 14,my brother is 21 and my sister is 23, Lol:D) My cat always plays withthe wraping paper then we usually have my aunty, Uncle and cousins comeround for christmas lunch or we go there. Then the other way round fornew years. Oh and if it snows we do the revel run (run around thegarden with no shoes on!) I loveChristmas!

The rabbits areeach getting a stocking filled with new toys, and along with a couplegifts that they can unwrap and play with. On Christmas morning, they'llget a special holiday salad and a treat from Santa :wink:

Taking them to get photos with the man in red just isn't feasible thisyear, but I'm thinking of doing a holiday photo shoot athome.
I may also do alittle seasonal cage decorating: lots of red and green toys, a "wreath"(willow wreath wrapped in colored raffia), etc.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

P.S. St. Nicholas' day is December 6. Several of the traditions canquite easily be accomodated for rabbits, and so we may also dosomething to commemorate this feast day. I wonder how often saint daycelebrations are extended to bunnies :ponder:

My husband's birthday is Dec. 14, and I guesshis family always used to wait until after to set up everything. He wasvery happy that I like to do it so early, as he always wished theywould do it at the beginning of the month.

I always play my Time Life Music Christmas CD (yes, the one that yousee on the TV ads!) while setting up the tree. One tradition that myhusband and I started is buying a new nutcracker every year and puttingthe date on it. We both love nutcrackers.

Ok, here's last years picture of the boys with Santa.

santapic.jpg

As for my traditions,I give them a special supper (moretreats, a few new veggies) on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I themgive them their presents which are all wrapped in a bunny safe way andallow them to have at it. They get lots of attention andlotsof pictures.

As for toys, I'm not sure what to get them yet though.

Every year since my husband and I have beenmarried we have hosted both holidays. Few days before Thanksgiving weput our tree up but the lights stay off. We do the Christmas Spiritinitiation on Thanksgiving day after we do the Thanksgiving Christmastree. Everyone gets a peice of paper and pen to write down 10 thingsthey are thankful for. After dinner one person at a time would readwhat they are thankful for and hang the paper on the Thanksgiving treewe have for that. Then the person who initiated the Christmas spiritlast year picks a person to do it this year. Once that person has beenpicked they tell us what they want to see happen to initiate theChristmas Spirit then they turn the lights on.The lights comeon when we wake up and turn it off when we go to bed.

Christmas Morning mom and dad comes over early. We would have homemadepumpkin, banana breads, coffee or tea, or milk. My husband, dad, mom,grandma, and I gather around in the livingroom. Dad opens his bible tothe Christmas story and reads it. Once he is done reading we giveeveryone gifts and open them one at a time.

But this year will be different. We will still have our tradiction butwithout Mom and Grandma. Mom passed away on Sept 27th and grandmapassed away on Oct 14th. So it will be just my husband, dad and I doingthe moring tratiction. I will be making the homemade breads since momwill not be here to make them. I made all of the homemade Thanksgivingdinner without mom too so I had to remember everything that mom usesfor the pink apple sauce. And for Christmas I have to remember how shedid the pretzle salad, homemade breads, and few other things.

Mom and grandma are my husbands family. Grandma is mom's mother too. So you know.

Usually we go over my parents on Christmas Eve but since my hubby adn Ihave been married my sister hates my hubby's guts so ever since that weeither go before my sis comes over or we don't go at all. I told my momcouple weeks ago that she can come over to visit us if she wants us tohave gifts. My parents still has my birthday gift since October 23rdand for the last few years I have been getting them for Christmas toocause they refuse to drive 15 mins to visit me but we can drive 15 minsin a bad transmision truck to see them.

Need to vent. Sorry

All my kids {human,bunny and kittys} are spoiledon christmas, as I dont technically celibrate christmas but Yule and myhubby was brought up with christmas, so we do both. Yule on the 21st{which happens to be my moms b-day} and then again on the 25th.Everyone gets to open 1 presant a piece on yule and the rest onchristmas.

We took Otis today for pictures withSanta. He was such a good boy. Sadly they wouldn't let me take anypics. I did get to preview and pick the two shots I wantsed. One withOtis sporting his new baseball hat and one without. To say Santa wassurprised is an understatement.

I pick up the picks on Sat. at 10am. I am so psyched.

MBB, that pic is adorable.

Tina

Im gonna post these here, but also in my home thread :)
patches2.jpg

"And just what do you think you are doing??" This is Patches my 2 year old cat
patches1.jpg

nadie2.jpg

HOHOHO Its christmas time {nadie}
Nadie.jpg

bits2.jpg

This is little baby bits
bits1.jpg

holland, I like the babies pictures the best, mind you I would snuggle all of your bunnies if I could;)

lol, took me a minute bunnymom!

I'm goin tah get a fake tree tomorrow ;) As much as I love livechristmas trees... the cats would decide it would make a good climbingpost =p

Everybun and everycat gets a stocking full of treats for Christmas...which reminds me... I gotta go order mah stuph on BusyBunny!

Oh and I stop at the health food store to pick up Just Carrots and Just Apples ;)

And I usually decorate their cages with garlands of cheerios and popcorn... but I just dont have the energy this year

We aren't setting up a tree this year becausewe're going to my sisters place on Christmas morning and on Christmaseve and Christmas day, we will be at my grandparents. But I do plan onhanging tinsel on the hutches. Since there is a large area of wood thatwould keep them from getting at the tinsel, I plan to hang it for them.I had considered Christmas lights but I don't want to scare them, lol.

holland wrote:
Iwas going to post pictures on here, but for some reason I can't getthem to work. But I just updated our site tonight so ifanyone would like to see our Christmas bunny pictures you can go to

http://www.freewebs.com/jetstream-rabbits

Holland, this picture is so precious. :inlove:

DSCF0259.JPG

Look at that little baby happy to show off all of his/her beauty.

I'm definitely in love.

BunnyMom,

Your comment struck me and really hit the funny bone. :rofl:

Well said!

-Carolyn

That's our bunny-boy. We went to atriple show over the weekend, and our oldest daughter won best of breedwith him. He picked up his 5th leg, and he is quite the character.

I don't know what is going on with my pictures, but everytime I try topost one, it doesn't matter what size it is, it says I've exceeded themax. size.

Just got back from the vet for pictures withSanta and they were both so awesome! Mocha was starting to climb upSanta but didn't perch on his shoulder like last year. Zoey was verycontent to stay where I put her but she did burrow under Santa's armwhen I took Mocha to put him back in the kennel. When I went to pickher up, she was laying on her back under his arm. :disgust:

Last year we had issues because Spice is white but since both Mocha andZoey are darker, it was not an issue (yay for brown shadesofbunnies!).

Zoey was not at all alarmed despite the commotion but she was at theshow when I got her and talk about commotion! She didn't even care whenmy sister's puppy stuck her nose right at her. And Mocha was Mocha, hecould care less about a dog, lol.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them which will be in about 1-2 weeks.

Can't wait to see them! :bunnydance:

~Emily and the Fuzbutts~

Latest posts

Back