choices, choices

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
I've been just starting to consider filling Izzy's empty cage next spring. My travel schedule is such that I think it would work out fine, as I've been able to spend plenty oftime with the current herd despite travel on weekends, etc. (I still have to come home and teachearlyin the week)I'm not gone for months on end, so it's not a matter of dumping them on someone else for extended periods of time. I didn't want to expand again until I figured that part out--how much will I be home, etc. Now that things are settling into a pattern, I've started to consider again. For sure not this fall yet, though, as I don't want to go through winter with a young 'un in baby fur. That's dangerous up north!

So here's my thoughts, and I'd appreciate opinions: breed Bub (Palomino) to a purebred doe and keep another buck from the litter; breed Bub and keep a doe; buy a young purebred Holland (buck or doe???). Right now I'm leaning toward a "velcro bun"--a laid-back Holland from a good breeder, but I can't decide on buck or doe. The only reason I hesitate on the Pals is that Bub gets jealous of other males, and the females can be moody and aggressive(hoo boy, can they ever!!!). Iz was the sweetest thing on four legs, and while she can't be replaced, I'd like another with similar attitude.

Still in the consideration stage, but I'm kind of bouncing the idea around, sooo.....

Rose

Latest posts

Back