Chocolate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some time today Razbie ate some of a chocolate liqueur that feel off the table will he be alright or should I take him to the vet? He seems normal thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20221217-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20221217-WA0006.jpeg
    814.3 KB · Views: 0
I would say that if he is a helthy bunny with a proper diet (hay, water and nothing else like fruits) then he "should" be okay. I would just call the local vet and ask them about it.

It's not that easy to actually poison Rabbits however due to some "hidden" problems a Rabbit can have (that you are not aware of) can cause complications.

Then again if there are no "vet options" since its weekend: monitor him: how are the poops (refresh the litterbox), monitor eating habbit and monitor how active he is.

Keep us posted!

He should be just fine. Monitor his poos. But that little amount of chocolate isn't likely to cause any harm. Unless you see signs of anything amiss, I wouldn't even bother calling a vet (but if you'd feel better, there's certainly no harm). Just refresh his hay to encourage more hay eating.

I had a rabbit that got into wrapped chocolate bars under the Christmas tree. It would take a significant amount of chocolate given regularly to cause any "chocolate poisoning."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back