Chocolate emergency help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

Lois south

Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
23
Reaction score
10
Location
London
Hello everyone. A piece of milk chocolate just fell on the floor and my rabbit ran up to it and took a super tiny bite (smaller than a finger nail). I dragged it away and literally wiped some of the remaining chocolate out of his mouth. I'm so scared i have no idea what to do. He drinks water at specific times and i don't know how to get him to drink some now. He is still eating and running about but its only being 10mins. What do i do
 

Blue eyes

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
9,120
Reaction score
6,655
Location
Arizona, USA
He'll be fine. Try to get him to eat some hay if you are worried. Hay pushes everything through. It would take quite a bit of chocolate to cause any harm. That little bit shouldn't be a worry.

(I had a rabbit get into chocolate wrapped under the Christmas tree once.)
 

Lois south

Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
23
Reaction score
10
Location
London
He'll be fine. Try to get him to eat some hay if you are worried. Hay pushes everything through. It would take quite a bit of chocolate to cause any harm. That little bit shouldn't be a worry.

(I had a rabbit get into chocolate wrapped under the Christmas tree once.)
Thank you so much ive been so worried i called the emergency vet and they said the same thing. He is running and eating and drinking. But its so nice to actually talk to someone who has been through it too.
 
Top