Chocolate emergency help!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lois south, Oct 21, 2019.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

  1. Oct 21, 2019 #1

    Lois south

    Lois south

    Lois south

    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2019
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    London
    Hello everyone. A piece of milk chocolate just fell on the floor and my rabbit ran up to it and took a super tiny bite (smaller than a finger nail). I dragged it away and literally wiped some of the remaining chocolate out of his mouth. I'm so scared i have no idea what to do. He drinks water at specific times and i don't know how to get him to drink some now. He is still eating and running about but its only being 10mins. What do i do
     
  2. Oct 22, 2019 #2

    Blue eyes

    Blue eyes

    Blue eyes

    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2012
    Messages:
    5,982
    Likes Received:
    2,133
    Location:
    Arizona, USA
    He'll be fine. Try to get him to eat some hay if you are worried. Hay pushes everything through. It would take quite a bit of chocolate to cause any harm. That little bit shouldn't be a worry.

    (I had a rabbit get into chocolate wrapped under the Christmas tree once.)
     
  3. Oct 22, 2019 #3

    Lois south

    Lois south

    Lois south

    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2019
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    London
    Thank you so much ive been so worried i called the emergency vet and they said the same thing. He is running and eating and drinking. But its so nice to actually talk to someone who has been through it too.
     
    Blue eyes likes this.

Share This Page