Chipped tooth?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcordeiro

Reaction score
I was giving my little guy a dried fruit treat and noticed he was acting like his mouth was bothering him. I was able to take a quick peek at his teeth and found this.

he does not seem to be in any pain but he keeps washing his face. Our vet is closed until the morning but I’m just so worried 😭

Attachments

• BE2A2911-3420-4514-A8F5-25A06EA8859F.png
    BE2A2911-3420-4514-A8F5-25A06EA8859F.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 11
Is your rabbit still eating and drinking normally? No decreased amounts or selective eating? Poops normal size and not smaller and darker?

For reference:
Jasper is a lion head, about 2.5 years old.

he is currently eating his hay without any issues and did have some of his pellets after I noticed his teeth. No changes in his poop at all.

He'll probably be fine then, until you can call the vet tomorrow. It's when it affects their eating/drinking too much, that it then causes their digestion to slow down, risking GI stasis occurring.

Thank you! It was very concerning seeing his teeth like that but certainly gave me a fright

Have you taken him to the vet? Teeth don't look right to me. Hope he's OK.

My apologies for the delayed response! Jasper was seen by his vet the following day. She was able to exam his mouth and we found that he chipped one of his upper incisors in half. What you can see in the picture above is his peg tooth. No other damage or injuries were found, thank goodness! He has been doing well since, just trying to adjust with his 3 and a half front teeth.

Thank you all for your concerns and help! I’m happy to have found such a great community who cares so well for their little lagomorphs!

Latest posts

Back