Chin rubbing? chasing the cat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samchaffee19

Reaction score
My rabbit, willow or lolo for short, has started to rub her chin all over the furniture. I know this is marking her territory, but i’m worried about my cat possibly trying to override her marks. LoLo also keeps chasing our cat (i think out of curiosity but he’s terrified of her so he runs and she follows). Is there anyway to stop this behavior? i usually just keep lolo in my room but since i’m away at college most of the time now i want her to be able to spend time with my parents but they don’t like cuddling her and so i want her to be able to hang out downstairs with them. I can’t alienate my cat from being downstairs, but lolo shouldn’t just be confined to the room. She’s not violent with cats, she does fine with our other cat just not louie bc he’s afraid of her. In short, can i stop her rubbing her chin so my cat doesn’t try to mark his territory too? is there a way to make my cat not afraid of lolo?

you could start off my reintroducing them. perhaps have one in a cage and let the other sniff them. maybe try giving both of them treats to make being around eachother positive. you could also just keep your cat in a room while your bunny is out. But try reintroducing them and see how it goes from there.

Latest posts

Back