Chickens! We finally got some.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wanting chickens for years. This past weekend we picked up 5 pullets -- around 4-5 months of age. Hoping they will be laying some pretty eggs in the next few weeks. šŸ£

Attachments

• Pretty Girl lo res.jpg
    Pretty Girl lo res.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 0
  • henrietta lo res.jpg
    henrietta lo res.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 0
  • all 5 hens lr.jpg
    all 5 hens lr.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4 hens lr.jpg
    4 hens lr.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 0
My sister did the same thing over a year ago, after covid, when it was looking like the egg supply might have issues. She didn't want to ever risk going without eggs. Though even before all of that, she had been thinking about trying it for several years.

Awesome! Did you name them all? If you did, what are all their names?
Actually, yes! At first I didn't know if I would name them at all.

They came from 2 different places. The 2 Novogen Browns (have orange legs) are so tame! They "talk" to me when I see them and one hopped up on my lap. For now, they have the original (sarcasm) names of "#1" and "#2." Lol!

The other 3 have green legs and are more skittish. The brown one with black tail is Henrietta. The 2 white ones are Pretty Girl and Penelope.

Actually, yes! At first I didn't know if I would name them at all.

They came from 2 different places. The 2 Novogen Browns (have orange legs) are so tame! They "talk" to me when I see them and one hopped up on my lap. For now, they have the original (sarcasm) names of "#1" and "#2." Lol!

The other 3 have green legs and are more skittish. The brown one with black tail is Henrietta. The 2 white ones are Pretty Girl and Penelope.
Those are awesome names!

Latest posts

Back