Chews my husbands stuff

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindSailor

Reaction score
so its just been me and my rabbit for a while until my husband came home and met him. arlo has chewed my husbands seabags, clothes, charger, and even bit my husband. he's never chewed any of my stuff and hasnt actually bit me before. i want to know if this is normal? my husband was only home for a week and after he left my rabbit went back to normal.
he did let my husband pet him and even pick him up when he was climbing on stuff we didnt want him climbing on, he even started jumping up on my bed.
i dont understand this behavior, does the rabbit like my husband or no?

Rabbits can be very territorial. Is your rabbit fixed?

Regardless, it just sounds like territorial behavior. Sounds like bun probably needs more time to trust your husband.

It sounds like he's not a fan of your husband. You can put the rabbit in a playpen and get your husband to read a book in the pen when you are not home. Arlo should approach your husband when he feels ready. Don't force it. They should bond after doing that several times.

It sounds like he's not a fan of your husband. You can put the rabbit in a playpen and get your husband to read a book in the pen when you are not home. Arlo should approach your husband when he feels ready. Don't force it. They should bond after doing that several times.
He has no issue with being pet or comming up to my husband, but I guess I'll try that once I move to my husbands new base.

Let me know how it goes!
It's going to be awhile since my husband is active duty navy so I dont see him often also. Any advice on tantrums, arlo is a Flemish giant and has big tantrums which include biting and throwing things, I'm taking him in to be neutered soon.

My rabbit also went through the tantrum phase, and it was horrible. Getting him neutered should help with that.

so its just been me and my rabbit for a while until my husband came home and met him. arlo has chewed my husbands seabags, clothes, charger, and even bit my husband. he's never chewed any of my stuff and hasnt actually bit me before. i want to know if this is normal? my husband was only home for a week and after he left my rabbit went back to normal.
he did let my husband pet him and even pick him up when he was climbing on stuff we didnt want him climbing on, he even started jumping up on my bed.
i dont understand this behavior, does the rabbit like my husband or no?

It your bun male or female?
I had a Minilop, Luna (who died 2 weeks ago) and she liked male visitors. A female friend of mine was hated by Luna. Luna would even pee next to her shoes. Momi, old bun, neutered, always pulls away my Dads shoes.
Maybe if your husband feeds your Bunny with treats, he might start liking him.

It your bun male or female?
I had a Minilop, Luna (who died 2 weeks ago) and she liked male visitors. A female friend of mine was hated by Luna. Luna would even pee next to her shoes. Momi, old bun, neutered, always pulls away my Dads shoes.
Maybe if your husband feeds your Bunny with treats, he might start liking him.
He's a male, he loves our female kitten and my female friends, we figured out recently that he doesnt really like men, and specifically me husband. My husband came to visit last week and arlo wouldnt leave him alone, jumped up on him at night and even started biting at his toes.

Latest posts

Back